“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #126 of 816 Restaurants in Boise
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Neat location just near the Boise foothills. With lots of windows you feel like you are in an old Victorian greenhouse. Good food and a wonderful atmosphere make this a fun place to visit for brunch.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a light-filled bistro with interior and patio dining plus a large gift shop area. There is also a seperate nursery with fall plants and flowers (we visited in Sept.). Our lunch was well presented and very good with pleasant service. One of us had a turkey club sandwich with salad and fresh citrus vinegarette the other ham & gouda on foccia bread and salmon chowder. The portions were generous and although the items in the dessert case looked wonderfully tempting we were too full this trip. The large gift shop has original items you definitely won't find at the mall. We were running late for class but took time to purchase a couple of funny birthday cards and a cute little bird house. We are going to return for another nice meal (or dessert and coffee) and do some early holiday shopping.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Like they have in Scotland and the England. The dining is either inside or out in a small garden patio, with lovely flowers and a fountain. The lunch was fresh and delicious. This is the first time I have seen the combination of garden shop/gift shop/ restaurant here I the states, but it may be more common away from the southeast. It was great. I would return.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Their coffee is great and the scones are really good. I had dinner for the first time the other night and was really disappointed with the portion size. The food was flavorful, although the size of my stuffed quail over sweet potatoes was a joke. I could have eaten 3 or 4 of them at least! Two of my friends ordered burgers that were really good. If you want to get full, order a burger! Oh yea, the happy hour from 4-8 was great and they do have some good beer on tap.

1  Thank TicaBoo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Who would have thought to put yams in an omelet? Well, they did and it was absolutely delicious! The patio dining was perfect, the service was very good and after we ate, we strolled through the gift shop inside. I could have stayed much longer.... will definitely return!

Been to 36th Street Bistro? Share your experiences!