“Super, awesome, fabulous”

World Center For Birds of Prey
Ranked #2 of 130 things to do in Boise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience birds of prey eye-to-eye and explore the mysteries of their flight, survival, and relationship with humans. Live bird demonstrations and falconry heritage tours complement hands-on exhibits for all ages. Enjoy panoramic views of the Treasure Valley from the interpretive trail and gazebo, or browse the gift shop. Admissions and purchases support conservation programs worldwide.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We spent the whole day here and loved it. We did the behind the scenes tour. I highly recommend visiting if you have any interest in birds of prey. The staff/volunteers were very knowledgeable and friendly. Plus they do amazing conservation here. I wish we lived closer. I would be here every day.

There are newer reviews for World Center For Birds of Prey

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a good place for those of us bird lovers who enjoy seeing Birds of Prey. I received a guided tour of the musuem, library, and a short show with a hawk. I learned about how clean a hawk pellet really is. It was all very interesting. Seeing the many different birds of prey and learning about them is fascinating. There are many books to look at, in addition to the different helmets placed on the hawks. I didn't know they had so many different ones. In addition, they have a small gift shop with some good souveniers. The only thing on the down side is that the talk gets to be a little long, so allow enough time for this attraction.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Well laid out. Excellent staff and guides. Really doing important work not only in education but conservation. Very interesting exhibits and live birds to watch close up. Outdoor interpretive walk very informative and live demonstrations at specific times.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

this was a great attraction to go to. The birds are gorgeous and they do great talks where they bring the birds out to you. We could have stayed all day. They have a great room for kids to put on wings, beaks, eyes, and talons. We took four kids ages 6-12 and they didn't want to leave!! This was my third trip there and I have enjoyed it each time!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are into wildlife and nature, this is a must see for the entire family. Early spring and fall are excellent times to visit. Can be a little hot during July, but early morning visits can be enriching.