Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews full kitchen home away from home road trip business or pleasure definitely stay here again suite kitchenette comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2019

I have been coming to the Boise Guest House for many years now. Sometimes I come 2 -3 times a year in combination with my wife. Eve Marie has created a destination that has every amenity you need in a fun and comfortable space. The location is adjacent to downtown without all of the noise and traffic. An easy walk or quick bike ride has you right downtown or on the greenbelt. We typically stay in the Animal Suite that has a door on the outside on the front porch. Perfect for reading and relaxing. That said I think I have stayed in each suite at the BGH all are wonderful. I cannot recommend this place any more highly.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2019

We stayed for five nights in the front upper-level 1BR Treetop Suite. It has a full kitchen and private balcony with a view of the Idaho Capitol. The Boise Guest House offers free off-street parking and a relaxing backyard. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The provided instructions made checking in and out easy. It is a 10-15 minute walk to downtown Boise and its many restaurants. We will definitely stay at the Boise Guest House when we next visit Boise.

Room tip: Make your reservation direct to know about all available suites.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

Boise Guest House is clean, cute, and comfortable. Located in easy walking distance to downtown. Friendly staff handled my reservation and then, with clear instructions, I let myself into the lobby (with a provided access code) after hours to retrieve my room key. The hotel has the look of a B&B, converged from a house years ago.

I stayed for 3 nights in room 1, which happens to have an outside entry off the front porch. Each room/suite has its own bathroom and kitchenette (including coffee, tea, and cocoa!) plus everything you would expect from a hotel.

There is no daily service. You’re on your own for the duration of your stay unless you contact them. I love this style. Independent, yet supportive. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Boise.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2019

This review is specific to the Nest suite at the ANNEX location...

If you are using TripAdvisor to search and book, be warned that the 'Annex' rooms are at an entirely different location about a mile from the main guest house and away from the center of town.

I was incredibly disappointed to arrive at the guesthouse (which is the address given for the entire listing including in the confirmation email and app) only to find out that that was not where I would be staying. Instead, a single grayed-out part of the confirmation email directed me to a location about a mile away. I would have NEVER booked if I thought that my room would be at this location. I had to take a Lyft to get to the events that I was in Boise to attend and even just to be able to get food --- the location is at least a 15 minute walk from the nearest restaurant. On the day of my arrival, I called and emailed multiple times to see if I could be switched to a closer room but I didn't receive a reply via either medium until over 10 hours later (when I also complained to TripAdvisor). This bait-and-switch on location and the lack of responsiveness from their staff, lead me to my rating.

Aside from the location, the space was /okay/. Like other reviewers, I found some issues with cleanliness (e.g., spider webs in corners, dirty floor, grimy bathtub). I was at the Nest suite and it's definitely 'creatively' photographed to hide it's downsides. It's very tiny (just imagine the absolute smallest room that each furniture item could fit into), there is no central AC (just a window unit right next to the bed), and the windows face a shed wall so it gets very little light. But, overall, it was okay because there were also some positives --- the kitchen was well-stocked for cooking, the bed was comfortable, and the WiFi was fast (giving one star for that).

I want to be clear, I do not write negative reviews often. I reached out to the owners and told them that I would be happy NOT to write a negative review if they were willing to deal with the address inaccuracy themselves (by putting the Annex up as a separate venue on TripAdvisor). That email was sent to them 6 days ago, with no reply to me, so I think it's important to get this information out there so that others don't have the same experience as I did.

Room tip: Don't stay at the Annex property if you want to be close to downtown.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank svetlashka
Reviewed May 6, 2019

My wife and I frequent Boise and have stayed in numerous hotels here. Our favorite, by far, is the Boise Guest House. Centrally located, friendly staff and owner, good communication and clean rooms. The rooms vary in size and amenities but we have found them all to be enjoyable and with a touch of class and well appointed in a friendly, easy-going sort of way. The larger suites have private sitting areas in addition to the bedroom. All that we have stayed at have full kitchen facilities. Our last unit, Treetop Suite, had a private balcony. Very nice. Highly recommended and some of the suites are dog friendly too. You should stay here! Steve and Kendall

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!, Kendall and Steve! I'm so glad you had the pleasure of staying in the Treetop Suite. Thank you for mentioning how much effort we put into the suites and the experience.

Hope to see you next time your travel plans bring you to Boise!
Cheers,