“Quirky well located guesthouse”
Review of Boise Guest House

Boise Guest House
Ranked #1 of 12 Boise B&B and Inns
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Quirky well located guesthouse”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights as part of a US roadtrip. Great location - I completed a short run around downtown. Great coffee and self catering facilities, comfortable bed. I availed of the laundry service which was very convenient. Only issues - old, noisy air conditioning, a broken hair dryer and two creamers - not enough for two days stay. However, I thought the guesthouse was tastefully restored and generally well equipped.

• Stayed September 2013
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi Anne,

Thank you for you taking your time to write a review of our accommodation. We appreciate the feedback, and have since checked all our appliances to make certain they are running tiptop for our esteemed guests. There is no way we would know these things unless you took the time to let us know that we can improve! As the owner, I always welcome ideas.

Hope to see you next time you come to Boise!

Eve-Marie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
palm harbor fl
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was impeccably clean, modern, comfortable and private. We had a group of thirteen motorcycle riders and we wanted to walk in the evening and get to see the city. The Boise Guest House was a perfect pick! It was within walking distance of the capital dome, fabulous restaurants, downtown and a few great breakfast places.

The owners gave us our privacy but they made sure to leave tasty treats for us when we arrived off the road. They had a charming back yard, deck and bicycles for rent. We booked six rooms and every one was wonderful! Loved having laundry facilities. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you, thank you for coming and staying with us for your cross-country motorcycle journey! I am so glad it worked for your group. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and let other adventurers know about our special place!

Happy Trails!
Hitchcock, SD
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Boise Guest House was a very pleasant experience and we will definitely stay there again if we ever get back to Boise. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was free laundry in the basement which was wonderful since we were traveling on motorcycle. We cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Nolan,

Thank you for your amazing review! We appreciate you taking the time to let other travelers know about our accommodation. Yes! We offer free laundry for our guests needing to do a load or two. We hope that your motorcycle adventures bring you back through Boise next summer.

Cheers!
Snoqualmie, Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed at Boise Guest House multiple times when I have visited Boise. I happened upon this lovely inn in desperation as I was coming to town and needed a place that would allow me to bring my dog. I am so glad that I found this place! My husband and I are looking to eventually relocate to Boise so we visit twice a year and always stay at Boise Guest House even if we are "dogless". The location is extremely convenient to downtown, BSU, Farmer's Market and some really fine dining. I love that I can park my car and not get back in until it is time to go home (Seattle). We have stayed in the Treetop Room and Travel Suite. Both are great as there is outside seating but the Travel Suite is my favorite. I will definitely be booking Boise Guest House for my next visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy V
Hi Cindy,

Thank you for writing such a nice review! We welcome furry friends (the dog type). We love it when guests are visiting out of town and thinking about relocation to Boise, as our location is central and folks can get a good idea of Boise's unique flavor. Thanks for writing about us and we look forward to having you back soon!

Cheers!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very charming and comfortable in a great location to walk and bike around town. Had Treetop room with private balcony and view of Capitol dome. Window air-conditioners kept us comfortably cool at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Salagator
Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor! A little accommodation like ours relies on the good word of others like yourself! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Treetop Suite with the balcony and the view of the Capitol Dome and I hope that you find your way back to Boise to stay with us again.

Happy Trails!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Spacious room, clean and tastefully decorated. Kitchen facilities in the room. Self service check-in was extremely convenient, as was check-out. We ordered the breakfast available. Many choices, delicious and filling, delivered right to our room at the time requested. The guest house is very conveniently located in downtown Boise with parking provided. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and THANK YOU for your nice Tripadvisor review! I am so glad that you mentioned how wonderful breakfast is! We think Le Cafe de Paris is the best breakfast restaurant out there (great Fri/Sat night dinners, too!)
We hope to see you again the next time you come back to our beautiful city!
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is absolutely amazing. My jaw dropped when I walked in. I originally booked the Story Suite, but got upgraded to the Travel Suite (amazing apartment style suite, sleeps 3, has personal patio). I walked into the place coming off of 20 hours of travel, and immediately felt refreshed, it felt like home. Hands down the best accommodations I have ever slept in. It is so unique, modern, tasteful, clean. Each suite is themed, decorated with local art. The backyard is gorgeous, honestly the best way to stay in Boise. I will come back to Boise, just so I can stay there. Lovely, lovely, lovely. And the staff + owner - so friendly!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ligallant
Hi Ligallant!
Thank you for your glowing review of our property! As the owner I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write about our accommodation and tell other potential guests about your experience. We do try hard to make sure all the details are intact and we are sure glad you noticed! I hope that you come back and spend another stint with us!