“2 day stay”
Review of Boise Guest House

Ranked #1 of 12 Boise B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Small, but very nice room. Exceedingly clean. The kitchen was well appointed, next time will do some cooking instead of restaurants. The breakfast from Le Cafe Paris was excellent and delivered right on time by Eve-Marie herself. I also visited the restaurant and recommend it. This B&B beats my experience at other Boise hotels. Rich

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Story"room, but I think that all the rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hi Rich!
Thank you for taking time to write a review and let others in some details about our accommodation. I appreciate you mentioning our rooms are clean and that the owner herself delivers breakfast! :-) This is how I get to meet our amazing guests! The kitchens are stocked with everything you need to make a meal if you are a traveler on a budget, but still enjoy a great location and nice furnishings! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Boise Guest House!

There are newer reviews for Boise Guest House

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The room was as pleasant as we last found it. We stayed in the whimsical "animal trophy" room, with our separate entry. It is a bright, light green,with all you could need for a short stay- the kitchen stocked with bright china,fridge,even a cute stove. It is all small, even the little bath, but all very nice. We would be happy to return and recommend without reservation.

Room Tip: We like the front rooms, the Animal Trophy Room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Brooke,
Thank you for your wonderful review! The greatest compliment as a business owner is not only when someone writes a review, but when they come BACK! Thank you so much for your business! We look forward to having you try out all six suites!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Boise Guest House was PERFECT for my boyfriend, myself and our friends that were able to get the Nature Suite just down the hall. Check in was a breeze in our rush to get to our dinner plans at Bittercreek. The walk home from a concert downtown was just the right length! Fresh brownies each day, a bed that I wanted to take home with me, a full fridge for our leftovers and snacks, cozy front porch and back-yard patio - what else could be better? Thanks for a lovely place to call home for the weekend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Inn! We appreciate you taking the time to write comments for future guests! How fantastic that you were able to a walk to dinner downtown, and also enjoy a local show. We strive to meet all your needs, and we are so glad you found the Boise Guest House comfortable! (new mattress in Nature Suite - glad you felt it was divine!)
See you soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place is great! Located really close the Co-Op and the North End Barber Shop it is easy to walk anywhere from the Boise Guest House. Stayed in the Traveler's Suite which was perfect for me and my mom. Really cute, clean historic house. It did not offer on site dining which was fine with me. Also, if you are the type who requires daily cleaning it can be requested by texting. For me it was great. No mess and no fuss but really cute accommodations and centrally located.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs if you are easily awakened by creaky floors above you when people walk. This is one of...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Anthony,
Thank you for your review of the Boise Guest House! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Hopefully, our charm and location outweighed the creaky floors. You can always request a noise canceller next time. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I live in a remote part of eastern Oregon and travel to Bend and/or Boise quite a few times a year for doctor's appts, shopping, and much needed 'breaks'. This was my first stay at the Guest House and I loved it. It is not a bed and breakfast, as another reviewer stated, and actually says on the website that is a 'hands off' establishment. I stayed in the Nature Suite and really enjoyed it, lots of natural light. It was clean, had great decor and a very comfortable bed. I used to travel a great deal for work and have stayed at alot of hotels and B & Bs and the Guest House is very clean. Having a fully equipped kitchenette was great. I bought food at the Boise co-op (just a few blocks away) and was able to have breakfast in my room both mornings, saving money for dinners! Good off-street parking (if other guests know how to park correctly), nice location and staff. Because it is an old house, other guests can be heard...if they are not considerate of other guests and have had a few drinks. Still, it is definitely much more quiet then most hotels. This is now on my list of "favorite places to stay in Boise" and I look forward to trying out some of the other rooms/suites.

Room Tip: The Nature Suite was perfect for one person or a couple.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nakona
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Hello, Nakuna!
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I appreciate you including some details about our property such as the Boise Coop and the convenience of having a fully equipped kitchenette as well as the decor and comfy beds, and our attention to details and cleanliness. We look forward to having you return to stay with us next time you are in Boise!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We highly recommend the Boise Guest House! Cozy, fun, and a great location! We definitely recommend getting the breakfast 'package' from the great cafe down the street also. Breakfast sandwich with fruit, coffee and juice for only $10!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Mike!
Thank you for your nice review! I so appreciate you taking the time to let other travelers know that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Best,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The place is very nice. Conveniently located, tastefully decorated, it's smart, it's perfect for independent adults. By "independent" we mean that if you are the kind of person that rather goes to the bank and stands in the line to pay a bill because you prefer people to an ATM machine, this place is not for you. There isn't a front desk and most times there are no administrative people on site. Nor a big living room where you can sit and eat and chat with strangers, which is the heart of a bed & breakfast. No social interaction, more like a hotel in that respect. Nonetheless, it's cozy in its on way because it's extremely charming and private. It would deserve one notch up if cleaning were improved. My husband and I found cobwebbs, which are unnerving when you have spiderfobia. We stayed at suite 4, which has a wonderful claw foot tub. Not amusing to find out that after using the tub the place runs out of hot water pretty quick. This startling discovery was made during a shower 45 minutes after the water had last been run. And yes, the shower is a bit clumsy. Having free internet was nice considering even a Hilton we stayed at in Portland didn't have it. Easy parking, centrally located, quiet neighborhood near eating, movies, and things to do. We plan to return some day and stay once again at the ample suite 6, which is upstairs.

Room Tip: Avoid suite number 4 (claw foot tub). My husband and I also stayed at the wonderful suite number 6 u...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_Waters
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Waters,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Boise Guest House. Most of our guests appreciate the "hands off" approach, which is by design, that is described in depth on our website. However, should you need anything, know that we are only a phone call away. I will share your concerns with my housekeeping staff, as being an owner our guests experience is the utmost priority. I hope you do return to stay with us in the future, and I am glad to hear that our Treetop Suite seems to have met your expectations. (New shower doors on order!)
Thanks again & Best Regards,