Boise Guest House
  • Breakfast included
$179
The Grove Hotel
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport(Boise)(Great Value!)
$94
Hotels.com
$105
$128
$119
Inn America(Boise)(Great Value!)
$69
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square(Boise)(Great Value!)
$89
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Northwest Lodge(Boise)(Great Value!)
$96
$90
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsco optreetop suiteanimal trophystory suitefull kitchenoff street parkingfresh brownieshome away from homecapital buildingdowntown restaurantssmall kitchenettethought of everythingstayed longerliving roomfelt like homewe loved our staylaundry facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We highly recommend the Boise Guest House! Cozy, fun, and a great location! We definitely recommend getting the breakfast 'package' from the great cafe down the street also. Breakfast sandwich with fruit, coffee and juice for only $10!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Hi Mike!
Thank you for your nice review! I so appreciate you taking the time to let other travelers know that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Best,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The place is very nice. Conveniently located, tastefully decorated, it's smart, it's perfect for independent adults. By "independent" we mean that if you are the kind of person that rather goes to the bank and stands in the line to pay a bill because you prefer people to an ATM machine, this place is not for you. There isn't a front desk and most times there are no administrative people on site. Nor a big living room where you can sit and eat and chat with strangers, which is the heart of a bed & breakfast. No social interaction, more like a hotel in that respect. Nonetheless, it's cozy in its on way because it's extremely charming and private. It would deserve one notch up if cleaning were improved. My husband and I found cobwebbs, which are unnerving when you have spiderfobia. We stayed at suite 4, which has a wonderful claw foot tub. Not amusing to find out that after using the tub the place runs out of hot water pretty quick. This startling discovery was made during a shower 45 minutes after the water had last been run. And yes, the shower is a bit clumsy. Having free internet was nice considering even a Hilton we stayed at in Portland didn't have it. Easy parking, centrally located, quiet neighborhood near eating, movies, and things to do. We plan to return some day and stay once again at the ample suite 6, which is upstairs.

Room Tip: Avoid suite number 4 (claw foot tub). My husband and I also stayed at the wonderful suite number 6 upstairs and we loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_Waters
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Waters,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Boise Guest House. Most of our guests appreciate the "hands off" approach, which is by design, that is described in depth on our website. However, should you need anything, know that we are only a phone call away. I will share your concerns with my housekeeping staff, as being an owner our guests experience is the utmost priority. I hope you do return to stay with us in the future, and I am glad to hear that our Treetop Suite seems to have met your expectations. (New shower doors on order!)
Thanks again & Best Regards,
Owner

Reviewed February 27, 2013

FYI - I am a man of few words. This place was great. I stayed in a Sheraton the night before. Not was BGH nicer, have more character, it had free wifi, a full kitchen, was conveniently located, and the staff were very nice and accommodating. I arrived before the check-in time and they were more than willing to let me check in early. I would recommend this for anyone really.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Hi Joel,
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so glad you felt that our hospitality exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back for an extended stay at the Boise Guest House so that you can use the kitchen! We appreciate you taking the time to let the traveling community know about our unique accommodation.
Best Regards,
Owner

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Although It is true that I am already a big fan of Boise, Idaho, my stay at the Boise Guest House only increased my love of the area to the point where I am now seriously considering moving here! The only downside to doing so is that I would not have the great opportunity to stay at the Boise Guest House as I would most likely have my own place. :) Recently, I was making a trip that I often take between Colorado and Portland, Oregon where my son lives. I routinely stay in Boise as it is the perfect stopping point in this three-day journey. My stay here was by far the best I have ever had after years of choosing various hotels and RV parks inside and around Boise. The Guest House is a lovely house situated in a great location near food and shopping; the room was perfect especially since I could have my dog with me. The attention to detail was amazing, there was not one thing I needed as the kitchen was fully stocked, there was internet access, very comfortable places to sit inside and outside (great deck and views), incredibly comfortable bed and it was also very beautiful in terms of color and decor. The service was excellent...even a brownie treat to begin my stay. If it were not for my commitments back home, I would certainly stay at least another night as the comfort for me and pup was extraordinary. I highly recommend and I will be back.

Room Tip: Book early as the place can fill up early.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hi Karla!
Thanks for your glowing review on Tripadvisor! I appreciate your complete review, and letting future guests know how our kitchen is well-stocked! :-) We try to think of everything and always welcome suggestions. Looking forward to having you and your furry friend stay with us on your next trip to Boise!
Best Regards,
Eve-Marie, Owner

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Boise Guest House. Though we live in Boise, my girlfriend and I chose BGH for Valentine's Day, never having been there but having heard excellent things, and also for its proximity to downtown dinner plans (easy walking distance). We stayed in the well-appointed Story Suite, and loved it, from the decor to the kitchen to breakfast from Le Cafe De Paris (delivered by owner Eve-Marie, the very picture of an "engaged innkeeper") the next morning. I expect we will be returning for our next special occasion.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Chris!
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay on Valentine's Day, and hope you will return someday! Thank you for pointing out that we are so close to downtown. We're an easy walk to all the fun downtown.
Cheers!