“Home away from home”
Review of Boise Guest House

Ranked #1 of 12 Boise B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2012

As a native Boisean, I know "Boise Charm" when I see it, and Boise Guest House embodies it perfectly. The old house has been restored beautifully, maintaining so much of its original craftsman charm, but with modern updates.

I've stayed in both the Treetop and Travel suites and was never disappointed in the comfort, the decor or the amenities. Upon arrival in the Treetop suite on a cold December night, the "fire" (on the flat screen tv) was crackling and the room was dimly lit and perfectly cozy.

I recommend BGH to anyone coming into town or just needing a staycation--especially those with special dietary needs (there's a fully functioning kitchen in all the suites and the Boise Co-op or Whole Foods a quick bike ride away). The outdoor spaces are wonderful too--really feels like a home away from home--relaxing, comfortable, beautiful and mellow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea S
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Hi Chelsea! Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor! I appreciate you taking the time to make such generous comments about our accommodation. See you next time you need a Staycation!
Best, Eve-Marie

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This has taken me far too long to write... We stayed at the Boise Guest House in the beginning of November. We have four children and we came to Boise as a family to rescue a dog that had been pulled from a kill shelter and was staying in foster care. It couldn't have been a more pleasant experience all the way around. We stayed in the "Tree Top Suite" and "The Attic". No detail was overlooked; the coffee for the adults and the hot chocolate for the kids, the honeycomb tile in the bathroom and the terrific art work on the walls, the great design and attention to comfort were all superb. The view of the capital was a bonus!! What a treat. We will always cherish the memory of this darling place we got to stay in when we brought our new furry family member into our lives. I seriously want to think of a reason to come back to Boise just so we can come stay at your Guest House.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heidi H

Hi Heidi! Thank you for your generous review of the Boise Guest House. I am so glad the stay worked out for your family and new dog. I hope you do think of a reason to come back to Boise someday!
Cheers!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from a family trip to Boise and my first night staying at the BGH. Everything about the place exceeded my expectations. It is charming, convenient, and comfortable. Unlike any other place I have stayed in Boise. I'm already thinking about when I can go back!

Room Tip: Suite 6, the Treetop, was spacious and had the added bonus of the balcony with the view of the Capit...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Hi Sarah!
Thank you for your wonderful review! We love to have families stay with us! Please consider Travel Suite, as its dialed in for little families and has an open access to the gated back yard. Looking forward to having you return to stay with us!
Best,
Eve-Marie, Owner

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We originally stayed with The Boise Guest house over Christmas last year (Tree Top Suite). I have a 6 year old and I couldn't stand the idea of him waking up in a hotel room on Christmas morning. This was perfect. It was so festive and cozy. We got a tree and a strand of lights so we had a place to put our presents. After a quaint Christmas morning we visited with family and returned to snuggle on the couch to watch movies and doze.

We again booked the Tree Top Suite and even had some family over for drinks before we walked to downtown for dinner. It was a perfect gathering spot and so wonderful to sit on the porch and have a drink in warm evening. Even my family just wants to rent a room there just because it's so perfect!

Couldn't ask for anything better!

Room Tip: Only stayed in the Tree Top Suite - it was perfect for us and that porch is just awesome.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Eve-Marie B, Owner at Boise Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

THANK YOU, Carrie. What a glowing review! I'm glad you have found your home away from home in Boise when you visit relatives... looking forward to having you stay with us and maybe even your extended family for Staycations! See you next time!

Cheers,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my second stay at BGH, and will not be my last. It's located conveniently close to downtown and Boise State, but still far enought away to be quiet, and a pretty quick run to the Interstate as well. The rooms and service are a terrific combination of comfy and classy.

Room Tip: Nature Suite is the only room with a tub.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn G

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for your generous review of the Boise Guest House. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of our accommodation with other travelers, as our property is unique! We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip down from Northern Idaho.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The Guest House is lovely. So cute! We stayed in the Attic Room, and it was just right for the two of us. The coffee provided was delicious! The house is in a great location- we were able to walk to a lot of restaurants downtown. We enjoyed Bardenay, Flatbread, and Cafe de Paris among others.
I will say that the kitchen was very small so I'm glad I hadn't planned on doing any major cooking. Also, if you are expecting a full service hotel thing, this is a different experience. It is very much a hands-off kind of thing. You check yourself in. No housekeeping coming in everyday. If you want something, you call to get it. We were fine with that. If you aren't...well, now you know.
Anyway, thanks for a great time Boise Guest House!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MEVmom

Hi MEVmom,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of our property. I am so glad you chose to stay with us, and appreciate your comment about our kitchen. For a larger kitchen, please check out Treetop or Travel! We were only limited by the footprint of the building, but have completely revamped all the items in each kitchen.
Look forward to having you stay with us again!
Best,
Eve-Marie, Owner

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed one night during a road trip to the west coast. It was a last minute reservation which was perfect- I stayed in #4, "Nature" room, which has a queen size bed, kitchenette and access to a large garden with sitting area. The room felt very comfortable, like stopping by at a college room mate's room. It is clean, casual and cute. It has free internet acess and flat screen TV as well. I also love the proximity to the City Hall and major downtown attraction. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: There are 6 rooms to choose from, and I am not sure which one is better - I liked mine, it's has...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eusay

HI Eusay,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate you comments and are so glad you enjoyed the Nature Suite! We hope to see you again soon on another trip through Boise!
Best Regards,