“My wife is brazilian, she loves this place!”

Tucanos Brazilian Grill
Ranked #21 of 835 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucanos is an experiential dining, family-friendly destination that combines the unique serving style of the traditional Brazilian grilling, referred to as "churrasco" (shoe-HAS-ko) - an exhibition-style meal surrounded by flames and colors, with the flair and festivity of the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. The cuisine features specially seasoned or marinated meats and vegetables (nearly 20 varieties), grilled and then served hot off the skewers at each table until the guest's appetite is fully gratified. Guests will find one-of-a-kind touches at the restaurant abound, including the color-coded, Tucanos Cue. Placing the Tucanos cue green side up lets the entree servers know that guests would like the parade of seasoned meats, vegetables and fresh pineapple brought to the table. Expertly trained meat servers then slice sizzling portions off skewers directly onto diners' plates. Tucanos also offers an abundant and award-winning Salad Festival, featuring more than 70 items.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The food is great! For the money, it's the best Brazilian "churrasco" you'll find. My wife is brazilian, she loves this place!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Tucanos was the first choice for a birthday celebration for my other half, because of their awesome birthday card for a free meal. In this economy anything helps. We were having a nice, filling meal with our family and enjoy the birthday evening. The sad part is at the end......when the manager says "there is a party waiting who wants this seat, so we can move you or if your done than that is great." Shocked we both decide we are done and will move for his precious party to take our table, although there happens to be an abundance of open tables around us. Strange to me that we did not pick this table we were put here by the hostess, if it was an important table then it should have been communicated that it was not to be sat. Since we are not rude or wanting to cause a scene, we tell our waitress about being asked to leave and let her know that she was wonderful. This to me was very rude to ask a paying customer who is celebrating a birthday to basically scram! I will for sure not be eating at Tucanos in boise again....all thanks to the manager with the dark hair, nice smile and the "fancy" ear piece, who assumes he is more important than the customer based business.

1  Thank Chelsea D
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'm a Boise native and this is one of my very top choices in the entire area for dining. First of all, it's got the best "salad" bar going, with great variety that's fresh & appealing. But what makes this restaurant really set apart, is the food service method -- for as long as you want, they will bring a continuous stream of succulent meats, grilled vegetables and grilled pineapple, for you to select from. All for one price. It's a unique approach to dining, since everyone at the table does the same thing, rather than individually ordering a specific entree, etc. The only thing traditional about this restaurant is the ability to order your own dessert at the end (if you saved any room). The desserts look so yummy, I have determined to go to Tucanos sometime just to eat dessert and nothing else!! Try it - you'll love it.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I went here for dinner and were very impressed with the Quantity and Quality of the food offered. It was a very different dining experience which we both enjoyed. The variety in the buffet styled salad, soup and bread bar as well as the dessert offerings was breathtaking and while I could not possibly sample ever offering in one visit the selections I did try were very good. I find it impossible to see how anyone could not find food to their liking. The roaming servers bearing the meat and fish offerings were ever present as long as our flag was set to accept food. The atmosphere and service was great and made for a great and different dining experience. I will be going again soon

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family loves Tucanos Brazilian Grill. It is such a fun experience for the kids. Everything there is so yummy!!! Love the variety.

Been to Tucanos Brazilian Grill? Share your experiences!