“Birthday Celebration”
Review of Barbacoa

Barbacoa
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbacoa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 792 Restaurants in Boise
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eagle, Idaho
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were welcomed and greeted with enthusiasm and gracious service. We odered from the appetiser menu and the dishes were perfect! The large shrimp cocktail was the most delicious I've had in years! And, the shrimp are truly LARGE!
Tableside guacamole was so delicious, trumping any we've had in Mexican restaurants!
Also, ordered the calamari and the delicate slices were a delight to the palate. Lastly, we shared 3 desserts- creme brule, flan, and decadant flourless cake and each one was more delicious than the last. How can this repast be so outstanding? If you go to the website and read the profile of the chef, you will know the source of this dining perfection. We shall return soon!

Calgary
“Lots of fun for the family”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The quality of the food was good. The real value was in the way the restaurant presented its menu in a fun, relaxing and entertaining way. Yes, the guacamole was homemade, fresh to order and great tasting. The main entrees were tasty but not "4 star" creative or different. The ice cream tree was a great treat for our teenagers and the candy floss cake was a terrific surprise. It was wonderful to not taking formal dining so seriously, especially in the summer and especially with teenagers. It was delightful, yet elegant and lots of fun. The patio was enchanting in the summer. Thanks so much

Visited August 2014
1 Thank CA H
“Happy Hour only!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

First off let me say that the happy hour here rocks! Buy one get one free...check out the raspberry mojitos!! We had to make reservations here. We went for dinner and there were a lot of us so we got a pretty good sample of the menu. Appetizer menu much better than dinner menu. The FLIES were horrible in this place, yes I said FLIES. The wait staff told us they were sorry but could do nothing about them. Was gross, shooing flies from your person and food and we all know what flies do when they land, unacceptable! Food was just ok, drenched in mostly spicy sauces and oil. Mixed seafood grill was nice and steaks were tender but over seasoned. Service was just ok, saw a bunch of wait staff standing around in a line on a wall but had to flag waitress several times and had to remind her to get items we had asked for. Waitress actually forgot something we had ordered. This is definitely a place for drinks and appetizers during happy hour. Alice and Wonderland feel to the place, music too loud and dinner way too overpriced.

Seattle, Washington
“One of the best meals ever”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

So I have had a lot of great meals but this one was right up there with the best ever. I usually take clients here when I am in Boise on business but this time I took my family and my brothers for a nice dinner. My wife and kids said this was one of the best meals they had ever had. My wife who is very picky and who never orders seafood inland said the crab corn bisque was the best she had ever had and the fun presentation was awesome. The overall presentation of food here is amazing. My 12 year old nephew had the hot rock steak and had so much fun grilling random things on the hot rock. I cant recommend this place enough and I will certainly continue to bring family friends and clients here. In past posts I had said that it is easy to beat the high prices by ordering off the bar menu which I usually do but this trip we ordered off the dinner menu and it cost me $300 bucks pretty expensive but very worth it.

Bengaluru, India
“Superb Restuarant”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Excellent food, excellent variety, excellent ambiance, excellent service...Unbeatable ambiance, especially the sea serpent like looking creature's statue, had the most different steak (Steak on the Rock) and Vodka in Ice Glass. Must go place if you are in Boise.

• Visited April 2014