“We can't get enough of this place!”
Review of Barbacoa

Barbacoa
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbacoa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 793 Restaurants in Boise
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise, Idaho
“We can't get enough of this place!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have been to Barbacoa many times and every visit has been excellent! The atmosphere is amazing with interesting art pieces, great service, delicious food and tasty beverages! On top of all of this they have a great happy hour! I always recommend this place to friends and family and have yet to hear a negative review from any of them. Without a doubt this is my favorite restaurant in town!

• Visited September 2013

idaho
“Sherry was the best server....”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We love Barbaco, and the wait staff is fabulous. From the wonderful MARK , to the owners son, Demitruis (hope that was the way to spell)...The martinis are out of this world, but the food...the plain old chips and salsa are the best. We decided to try a melting cheesy, carnitas, nacho plate..I was looking for gooey cheese, and it was cold..after sending it back to warm up, it was not too burnt to have gooey cheese . Oh, well, we dedided to try the wonderful dessert..apples in a pastry with ice cream..the pastry wasn't cook and was a ball of goo..i mean darn, if it was cooked, it would have been great, nice crust to go with the ice cream. So disappointed..no more food here, but we will be back for the happy hour drinks..and great servers like Sherry.
She was very nice, very attentive, and we really liked her..Thanks, Sherry...

• Visited January 2014
Boise
“Eclectic Menu - Beautiful Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Lovely restaurant with fantastic and attentive staff. The menu is quite eclectic this includes the drink menu.

I have been to Barbacoa a few times. Once for drinks and appetizers and the other times I took out of town guests. The experience was enjoyable and everyone enjoyed their meal. I judge a good restaurant when former house guests ask if we've been back to Barbacoa.

The one big suggestion is the handmade guacamole that is freshly prepared at your table. It is scrumptious and you won't be disappointed. Heck, nothing at Barbacoa is disappointing.

Consider one of their hot rock steaks. The steak is grilled, however, it is not completely cooked. The additional cooking takes places on rocks heated to some ungodly temperature but the steak finishes cooking and is fantastic.

The desserts are excellent and are sometimes just too pretty to eat!

All in all I recommend Barbacoa not only for the food and drinks but also for the ambiance & great services. Everyone goes the extra mile for you.

• Visited November 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Best resturant in Boise”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My brother has been raving about this place for a while now so when I had to go to Boise on business we took my dad for his birthday. The guacamole was the best I have ever had and I love it made fresh at the table. The small tacos were to die for and had a lot of interesting flavors and meats. I would highly recommend going here to anyone who likes great food and great art. The atmosphere was really cool and interesting. I was thrown though trying to figure out which was the men's bathroom.

• Visited October 2013
Owensville, Missouri
“Terrific happy hour”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went with a group after work. Great two for one martini's; including premium gins (Hendricks, etc.). Tasty guacamole prepared tableside. Busy and noisy, but not too loud to carry on a conversation. Will try the restaurant next trip

Visited November 2013