“Completely lost its class...”
Review of Barbacoa Grill

Barbacoa Grill
Ranked #4 of 790 Restaurants in Boise
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Steak and Seafood with a Latin Flair
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Completely lost its class...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I used to go here with my family and friends before it burned down. I was impressed by beautiful atmosphere and excellent food....now its simply disgraceful to what it once was before it burned down. The atmosphere feels like a night club/punk rock place, very sad compared to what it was before. The food is way too overpriced for what you get and the taste is nothing like before. Everything is practically covered in tomato paste now. The last time we went we ordered the steak which was ok but still way overpriced for the taste and what you get. Service is terrible and way too young, they never have manners and are in such a hurry to squeeze everyone into a small space. The service is too afraid of saying the wait will be long or we're full to where they literally crammed us into an already overpacked seating area. By the way we had reservations as well and had to wait at least an hour to even get drinks! It was so bad they started bringing outside furniture inside! I'd rather be told, we're full than be shoved together to where people can barely move. What a waste of finances, they're more concerned with bringing in money than considering the patron's well being. I'm never going here again, they claim to be "fine dining" but they need to look at Berryhill & Co. or Chandlers to learn what they simply can't figure out. If you want to get drunk and not realize you're paying more money for cheap food and rediculous atmosphere (loud booming constant music, etc.) than feel free, its probably the best night club in Boise, but definitely not fine dining in the slightest! I am never taking my business, family or friends back here. I defintely would not recommend this to anyone, extremely dissapointed.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Advisor T

“Beautiful”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are filled with atmosphere, a bit noisy. Happy hour is great, 2 for 1 drinks and outstanding appetizers, except that one must sit in the bar area even if you are staying for dinner. Ridiculous! Innovative presentation.

Visited October 2012
Colorado
“Awesome food and unique atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoy this place. A don't miss in Boise! Excellent food and service. The hot rock steak is worth the trip.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique Dining Gem in the Gem State”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've dined at Barbacoa a few times, and each time has been enjoyable. The staff is very friendly, and the menu options are vast. The restaurant really stands out in its layout, decor, and food by being extremely unique, and good.This is one of my favorite places to go in Boise, and when we have folks in town for business, we bring them here. It truly is a neat dining experience.

• Visited August 2012
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This was my first fine in this restaurant. It was packed at 6 pm, reservations needed. A mix of different cuisines.
We have enjoyed guacamole made almost in front of you - very very good. Stake was huge served on hot stone. Probably worth splitting the portions if you like something smaller
Nice atmosphere and service. I did not pay but the price tag was pretty high.
Overall excellent place in Boise.