“Owner not responsible for actions”
Review of Amber Inn Motel

Amber Inn Motel
Amber Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bliss
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My friend called to place a reservation and one was placed. The day we arrived the room was not ready bvut checked in. During our time in Clear Lakes we got a call that her father of 95 years needed us to come home. We never even unlocked the door or went in the room but cant get a response from the owner about a refund. I would not advise anyone to stay here as the owner seams dishonest and greedy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank duffer932

Reviewed July 22, 2010

Planning a drive across country these days requires extensive advance planning, especially traveling with two dogs. Hotel/Motel surprises late at night are most unwelcome. I found this location on google earth, with favorable comments, and thought it was worth a try. I phoned the property direct and had a informative chat with the mgr. I booked the room for the night I wanted and was given a guaranteed rate.
We did keep our schedule, and arrived very late (calling ahead to advise). There were plenty of cars in the parking lot, I checked in and we off loaded all the "stuff" for the night.
The room certainly has seen better days, things are worn, and older furniture, lamps, etc. Clean, however, plenty of pillows, a small fridge and m'wave. Towels etc in the bathroom were freshly laundered and ready for use. I didn't care for the "made in china" mini bars of soap, but travel with my own anyway.
They did offer a cup of coffee from a coffee pot near the check in office in the morning, but we decided to get on the road a find some breakfast on our own, otherwise there is no food service offered here - which isn't surprising.
The room had an open rack for hanging clothes vs a closet, and also had a tv - but didn't use. I found the bed comfortable enough for the night, my spouse did not.
This is a true little "mom and pop" kinda place, run by a young couple. It certainly has the advantage of being there - where little else is around. For an overnight on the road, it was inexpensive, no frills, basic and allowed us and our dogs (for a very reasonable extra fee) a place to stay. The rooms open into an inside hallway and there are two floors - we were on the first floor - easier access. It doesn't look like much in google pictures, but if I were traveling that way again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay a quick overnight again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 12feettobend
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We had been driving all day and were not familiar with the area. Passed up several motels and ended up staying here at the Amber Inn. I'm glad we did. We found this motel to be very clean and reasonable. The beds seemed to be new and were comfortable. The bathroom was clean with tile floors and tub surrounds. We are very fussy about cleanliness and felt this motel met our standards.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mtvsjv
Reviewed July 25, 2009

I've never really stayed in a motel before...usually do the big chains. But we were tired and the next nearest hotel was 45 minutes away...so we took a chance and stayed here. So happy we did! The cost of the room was easily $30 less than any chain hotel, and the room was quaint, clean, and had cable and wifi. My room had a huge painting of an owl in it. It gave me a good laugh! The receptionists were friendly and coffee in the morning was great. We're going to keep a lookout for motels like this in the future - definitely on my list for future travels.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tinywire
Reviewed July 19, 2005

The large interior corridor room was modestly decorated, including painted walls and some inexpensive framed printed art. The vanity, bath and toilet were all in the same bathroom. I prefer the vanity to be separate from the bath and toilet. Furnishings included a table and chairs, but no dresser. The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Amenities were limited to a television and clock radio. No continental breakfast is included, though free coffee is available in the lobby from 6 to 9AM, but on the day I stayed there it ran out at 8:30AM and was not refilled. Despite the few shortcomings, the low price makes the Amber Innl a good value.

2  Thank anoviv

Been to Amber Inn Motel? Share your experiences!