“Staff was very helpful.”

Best Western Blackfoot Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Blackfoot
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Rooms were nice and they truly were nonsmoking. We were in Blackfoot for the fair and the location was great.

Room Tip: ask for the best price for rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were looking for a decent clean hotel that wasn't too expensive on our drive to Yellowstone from Vegas. After 10 hours of driving, we arrived at midnight and were basically looking to get a good night sleep. The hotel is located just of Hwy 15 with easy access and I noticed a Walmart directly across the street. It's 2 story and the room given to us was 215. Unfortunately, they do not have an elevator, so if you have a bunch of luggage, it's rather cumbersome packing it all to the second floor, but not the end of the world. The hotels front desk employee was courteous and prompt in checking us in as she could tell we were pretty tired. The room was 2 queens and average size for what we paid ($90 Inc tax). The room was clean and i didn't notice any signs of disrepair. The beds were, again, about average for what we paid and they were nice and clean. No better no worse. The bathroom was also nice and clean, but definitely on the small side. Enough room for a toilet and a tub/shower combination and that's it. All in all it was a pretty decent place to crash for the night and would definitely return if I needed a hotel in the area again and wasn't looking for a first class joint. There were a few things that I should mention that I noticed although none of these issues really bothered us any. The walls are a little thin and there is a little bit of noise from the hallway and surrounding area that can be heard from your room. The door at the end of the building on the first floor was unlocked all night and didn't have a keyed entry to access it. This worked great for me since I smoke and it didn't lock me out every time I smoked, but did leave me wondering how easy it would be to get into the hotel if you weren't a guest. The breakfast was pretty good with the normal items you would find at one of these type of hotels and there was a decent clean room with adequate seating to eat in.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody that is looking for a reasonably priced room to crash for a night or two. I see way too many reviews of hotels from folks that expect a 5 star resort for $80/night and then pick the place apart and give bad reviews when the toaster doesn't work fast enough or a paperclip was left on their rooms floor or the front desk didn't drop what they were doing to service their every wim and request. If you are super picky and need to be pampered to, it prolly wouldn't work for you, but for regular folks that are willing to overlook some of the tiny details and put things in perspective for what they paid, this hotel is a nice stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked through Best Western's phone reservation service and received the same price as Hotels...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

we stayed here for a family trip and found it to be fine. If we were in a bigger town with more options, it would not have been our choice but as it is one of only two choices (the other a Super 8) we picked it.

It is fine, our bedspread was damp(as if they had just pulled it from the dryer too soon) and there was an odd smoky smell in the hallway but the room was clean and mostly quiet. the pool was fine and the kids liked it. The breakfast was regular hotel room fare and was typical. I was put off by the desk clerk pushing aside a young girl waiting to make her waffle so that the clerk could make one. The service was abrupt and not particularly warm but overall, it was the best we could expect for the price.

Room Tip: book on the back side of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kazack
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Excellen service and the rooms are clean. Price was right as well. Stay here. Do not go to the Super 8.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I wish I could say that I was here for leisure, but on the way back home, I hit a deer and was stuck for the night. I got a ride to the Bestwestern because it was so late and the person helping me gave me a very generous rate and gave me a toothbrush and was just very nice and helpful. They definitely earned high marks by taking care of me and understanding I was having a tough night. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Kellen52
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Upon reading the mixed reviews on this place, I was a little hesitant. Since there are only 3 hotels in Blackfoot, and the other options are a Super 8 (ick) and this seedy little motel, this was the best option. The rooms are clean and spacious, and while they may not be as nice as a new hotel chain, they do really well with what they have to offer. The staff is friendly. Breakfast was a standard continental breakfast, but hey, its free so you cant complain too much. The beds are brand new and very comfortable. If you have to be away from home, this was a nice way to spend the night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WaywardSon2009
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We missed the exit at Pocatello, Idaho and ended up in Blackfoot. Since it was almost 10:00 PM we were too tired to backtrack and checked into the Best Western. The first scary thing was the fact that there is no elevator and we had to lug our stuff up a narrow staircase. The smell that hit me on the second floor was overwhelmingly gross....I can only describe it as the smell of body odor. Yuck! The room itself was dated, with badly worn furnishings and the world's smallest bathroom - it is actually difficult to close the door without banging yourself with the door. The tiny sink is located in the room, not the bath. Awful place.....next time I'd high tail it right back to the Pocatello exit where there are many options.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dre51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackfoot
Super 8 Blackfoot
Home2 Suites by Hilton Idaho Falls
Shoshone Bannock Hotel & Event Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pocatello
La Quinta Inn & Suites - Pocatello

Been to Best Western Blackfoot Inn? Share your experiences!