“best sushi restaurant in the area”
Review of Bowl of Asia

Bowl of Asia
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Young Harris
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed July 30, 2014

There is the main Asian/sushi restaurant on the main highway into Hiawassee. This place is out of the way, not well signed, and set back from the highway. That being said, the sushi was incredibly good. We had heard good things, but doubted them to be true. The best reference was from the chef at the Copper Door. The menu and food quality was very good. Even being told how good it was beforehand, I was surprised how good it was. On top of that, the people working there are so nice and polite. They also have beer and wine. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I almost missed it - nestled up the hill at the end of the strip mall near the corner of US76 and SR17 in Young Harris. I stopped in for lunch to find a nice atmosphere, friendly and efficient service and a choice of Thai, Japanese and Vietnamese food. I stuck my toe into the sushi bar with an order of a spicy tuna-roll and it was delicious. That was followed by beef and chicken with fried riced, excellent as well. To my surprise carrots were also on the plate and yum, very tasty. It is nice to have a restaurant with this variety and quality in the area along with excellent service and good prices. Keep your eyes open, easy to missed but worth the trip.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Thai food is great! But, they have Vietnamese and Japanese! Nice atmosphere, too. We almost missed it, because the location is at the end of the strip mall behind the Citgo, but we were glad we found it. We didn't have time to stay and eat, but got it to go. The portions are generous and the basil chicken was great! We will be back to try out more selections! Tran was super sweet!

2  Thank MaryLynnMcKenzie
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We come down here to visit Mom in Young Harris. We live in NJ and while we live the BBQ down here we are sushi snobs! We loved Bowl Of Asia!!

1  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've been to Thailand and Vietnam and this is the closest to original cooking that I've found. Spiced just right and flavorful. Try the Pho. My wife and I will certainly be returning.

1  Thank ScottyGeorgia

Been to Bowl of Asia? Share your experiences!