Ridges Resort & Marina
Hiawassee Inn(Hiawassee)
Seasons Inn(Blairsville)
Comfort Inn(Blairsville)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfire pitlake chatugehot cider and cookiespine coneblue otterlake viewnorth georgiamain lobbypontoon boatcontinental breakfastcrane creekbeautiful propertyyogurtlobby areafamily reunionking bedoaks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2013

After being very disappointed in another resort close by, we ended up cutting our stay short and were lucky enough to find availability at the Ridges Resort. We were greeted pleasantly over the phone and even though it was a busy time in Hiawassee, they were able to accommodate us.
We had a lovely room overlooking Lake Chatuge and the mountains. We sat out on the balcony and great view. The only regret is that we didn't have more time to spend at this beautiful resort.
Hopefully, we will return soon and stay longer.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room overlooking the lake.....so peaceful!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Well I am disappointed that your trip started off bad at another resort, but glad you found us and we could make your stay enjoyable and memorable. I hope to have you stay with us again in the near future again!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was looking for a place to take one last summer getaway before my wife returned to teaching for the new school year. The Ridges Resort & Marina turned out to be a perfect place in the heart of the Georgia Mountains!

No, it's not the newest facility, but it has the elegance of a bygone era. The era of true relaxation away from the stresses of life. A place were family and new found friends gathered to enjoy fresh baked cookies, games, S'mores and conversations.

The staff's attention to detail and service orientation only added to the overall experience.

While we did enjoy the conversations and S'mores around the fire pit, we did observe one safety issue. There is a small step down around the fire pit that is constructed with the same colored stone, making it hard to see. We saw several people miss the step and one Lady actually took a scary fall. Thankfully she was not injured and we were about to talk with her the next morning.

Needless to say.......we were very pleased and will be back!

Thanks for a great visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing The Ridges Resort as your last summer getaway this year! I appreciate the time you took to write this review. The comment you made about experiencing the elegance of a bygone error makes me feel proud as my husband and I recently purchased the property and that is exactly what we are trying to do. You put it into words and I thank you! I will be sure to let the staff know of your kind words as well. We are fortunate to have what I feel is the best staff in the area. I also appreciate you letting us know about the step. I will have it fixed ASAP. I and the entire staff look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in the area!

Sincerely

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Enjoyed a three night stay at the Ridges two weeks ago...and look forward to returning in January, The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere relaxing. We have very high standards in regards to cleanliness and this resort did not disappoint...so clean and the rooms well appointed. If I could find a negative, the television is a bit small,
The staff at the Ridges are friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant...in fact, Vicky and Emily at the front desk went beyond the expected and worked it out that we could stay an additional night although the hotel was booked...even housekeeping got involved to make it happen! I was there to relax and refresh and realized that two days just wasn't enough! The staff worked hard to provide the room for us and their efforts are very much appreciated!! We are very pleased with this resort and plan to become regulars at the Ridges.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

I am glad to read loved your recent stay at The Ridges Resort. Thank you for taking the time to let others know. Our staff takes pride in their job as well as showing off true "mountain" hospitality. I will pass your kind words on to Vickie and Emily and housekeeping. I look forward to having you stay with us many times in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is rated much higher than it should be and the prices are way out of line. We recently visited for 3 days and found it to be old and out of date. The ancient amoire which was built to hold a big screen TV is empty except for a tiny flat screen TV that you can barely see. We bought and paid for a king room but was given a double "because the king rooms were all gone". We were promised to be moved to a King room the next day but never heard another word. The maid came at 5:00PM after we had been gone all day and needed to dress and shower for dinner. She came back later and barely touched the room.
The old mattresses have been "upgraded" with a feather pad with feathers that spilled on the floor when we removed this "sneeze machine" from the bed.
We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: We think that we would have been better off with a chain hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank photographer200

Thank you for being our guest. I do see that after reading your review that you did not enjoy your stay. Let me start by saying that apparently you do indeed prefer chain hotels based upon your other reviews posted on Tripadvisor. As far as the ancient furniture, My husband and I took over this property a few years ago and have invested a lot of time and money into renovation. The furniture had been replaced 1 year before we took over. We also just replaced the older tube TVs with the Flat Screens you mentioned. We are in the process of locating shelving to match the armoire in order to lift the TVs higher. Bedding is a subjective thing and we added the feather toppers 2 years ago in order to improve the bedding product. I do apologize about the late maid service and I will look into it as we try to have all services done at 4pm. When you book a room here or at most other resorts your room request is noted and we do everything to fulfill your requests. Unfortunately sometime we cannot fulfill that request due to maintenance issues or guests extending their stay.
As stated before it seems you do enjoy chain style hotels and we are definitely not that. We are a family owned business who puts our heart and soul into this property and are improving the property each and every day. Our staff is always rated highly and they take pride in the job they do and the property itself. I am truly sorry that you could not appreciate the unique character of our property that so many others see and love per the great reviews we receive.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We just returned from a 3 day visit to the Ridges. As stated in other reviews I am not sure who is writing the negative reviews because we loved this place. I have pretty high standards and for a lake/lodge retreat this is what I would have expected. We had a 1st floor lake facing room at the lodge. It had a nice little balcony with chairs which you can walk right down to the pier from. The double beds were smaller than I am used to so we called the front desk looking for a roll away bed. They did not have any. We went out to the marina and to walk around the property and were surprised when back at the room there was a rollaway bed. The front desk found one for us which I really appreciated. I found this a great family retreat. They had lawn activities for the kids, a large pier to fish from, a small salt water pool and a wonderful marina. We found the boat rentals affordable (less than other places we have been) and Lake Chatuge is a fun lake to ride around. We had a pontoon boat. The next day we rented a jet ski and that was fun too. The complimentary afternoon fresh baked cookies and evening smores were a great hit with the kids! What is nice is they keep baking so they never run out :) We will be back in the future for more fun at the Ridges.

Room Tip: We liked the lake facing 1st floor room. You can just walk to the lawn and down to the water from it. We especially liked the ones farthest from the marina for the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for bringing your family to stay with us. It was and is a pleasure to read a review that lets me know our staff is doing the right thing to take care of our guests. We take pride in all that we do. Thank you also for mentioning the marina. That is a unique part of our offering. I look forward to welcoming you again to The Ridges Resort & Marina in the near future.