Ridges Resort & Marina
Lake Chatuge Lodge(Hiawassee)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
$109
HIExpress.com
$90
Comfort Inn(Blairsville)(Great Value!)
$119
Days Inn Murphy(Murphy)(Great Value!)
$71
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfire pitlake chatugehot cider and cookiespine coneblue otterlake viewnorth georgiamain lobbypontoon boatcontinental breakfastcrane creekbeautiful propertyyogurtlobby areafamily reunionking bedoaks
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We chose the Ridges Resort as the venue for celebrating our mother's birthday. Family members' ages ranged from 12 to 90. First impressions are lasting impressions and we were treated as if we were a part of their family, from check-in to check-out.

The rooms were very comfortable and excellent value. The setting on the shore of Lake Chatuge was spectacular. The great room, used for the complimentary continental breakfast, had floor to ceiling windows that looked out at the lake. At night, the Resort offered complimentary 'Smores around their fire pit-a real treat! The location was the epicenter to enjoy games on the resort, with jet skiing, fishing, tubing, hiking to awesome waterfalls, all within a 30 minute drive.

The property has two restaurants on property, the Oaks and the Blue Otter. The Oaks offers fine dining and a banquet facility where we had our family celebration dinner. The dinner selection was served family style and included barbequed beef brisket, honey glazed chicken, southern style greens and cornbread, macaroni and cheese, and finished with an unbelievable bread pudding all for $22 per person. The service was impeccable. The Blue Otter offers pizza, burgers and ample sandwiches at moderate prices. Their Rueben sandwich and stuffed crab were great.

This place is the real deal and is perfect for honeymooners to families with or without children. Again, what makes the difference at this property is the staff. It is evident that the selection of people at the desk, on-property transportation, food service and cleaning of rooms shows the commitment by their management for excellence. The staff members are not only well trained, but exhibit genuine care for the guests.

At checkout, I was also offered coupons toward a future visit. I am going to use them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an oversized bathroom. Grounds view rooms are good value and the lake view rooms are worth the price.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

George,
Wow thank you for writing a review that reflects our primary goal here at The Ridges Resort & Marina, customer satisfaction!! I also want to thank you for choosing us to host this special occasion for your family. I have printed your review and will share with the staff because they are as you mentioned one of the primary reasons for our continued success! I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Exquisite lobby, relaxing music, beautifully decorated rooms and stunning views! You won't want to leave Ridges Resort and Marina! This should be your first choice when searching for top accommodations on Lake Chatuge!

• Stayed: July 2013

What can I say about your review other than I agree! My husband and I put our hearts into making the Ridges Resort & Marina a top destination on Lake Chatuge. Your review lets me know we are achieving that goal. We look forward to being your destination of choice for many years to come.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We agree with almost all of the reviews of this beautiful resort. Our room lakeside, was delightful, quiet, clean, and super bedding. Staff went out of their way to help us with information. We spent an evening at The Oaks for a very nice dinner; again, the staff there were delightful. Another lunch and dinner at the Blue Otter - a fun and reasonably priced casual restaurant right on the lake. Our only suggestion was to offer some sort of lake cruise - on the beautiful 7300 acre Lake Chatuge, without having to rent a boat on our own. The gardens at the resort were something like the botanical gardens of NYC!!! Gorgeous!

Room Tip: A lakeside room away from the lobby - and a second floor room to avoid people peering into your room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I appreciate the time you spent to write your review. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, facility, grounds and dining venues. I will take your suggestion about having a lake cruise into consideration. I agree the lake is beautiful and is best experienced by boat. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice staff and they were very helpful. However, do not drive for hours and show up 30 minutes before check-in time. They will not let you in your room. That set my stay off in a wrong kindof way. When we finally got in the room we found it was clean and inviting. The mini-fridge was great for us too. Neat trinkets around the lobby for you to look at. The campfire at night was a nice feature. The mountain views were awesome as well.
We walked over to the Blue Otter to have dinner. The service was decent and so was the food.
On the way home my wife asked me if I would stay at the "resort" again. When I didn't answer she just smiled.

• Stayed: July 2013
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the time it took to write your review. I was pleased to read that overall your stay was enjoyable. As far as not letting you into your room early, our policy is to guarantee a 4pm check-in. If your room is ready before that time we will go ahead and check you into the room. We have the 4pm guarantee to allow our staff the 4 hours between checkout at noon and 4pm to clean and service each room. I would say most of the time we are able to accommodate early arrivals. If the hotel was full the night before we almost always have the rooms ready by 4pm. We also will let our housekeeping staff know that there is an early arrival waiting to check in and they will clean it as soon as possible. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted and welcomed. Our room was lovely, and despite the rainy weather, we enjoyed sitting in the lodge drinking tea and eating those delicious cookies! We purchased a romance package that provided various extras that enhanced our stay. Well worth the value!!! We dined at the Oaks, and that was a great experience. Delicious food, wonderful service, and romantic ambiance. The resort staff was so helpful in providing information and meeting requests for our stay. It was such a relaxing place and we will visit again!

• Stayed: July 2013
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Your time taken to write your review is appreciated!! I am glad you chose us as a destination for a romantic getaway and it seems like you are as well! We look forward to your next stay!