“Authentic Southern Home Cookin'”

Mary's Southern Grill
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Young Harris
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

Just like your Georgia Mom cooks. Great breakfasts, like eggs 'n' grits, with perfect Mexican cornbread, corned beef hash, even a great bagel, fresh caught mountain rainbow trout, catfish, Southern veggie plates.... all consistently excellent.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 8, 2018

We were there on a Friday night in December. This was our second trip, and we were not disappointed either time. I had a vegetable plate, and my wife had catfish. The catfish was a large portion, Fries were frozen (we prefer fresh, but you rarely find them). She enjoys slaw, and said this was ok. I had lima beans, collard greens, dill potato salad, and pineapple/cheese casserole, with a slice of Mexican bread. Their list of vegetables is extensive, so you should be able to find something you like from the list. My four veggies were all pretty good. Corn bread was undercooked, but it might have just been the night. Wait staff were quick and competent. We did not try a dessert. The place was full, but there was virtually no wait time this evening.

The "except" came from something that was not the Grill's fault particularly. As we were leaving, my wife tripped in the dark and fell on the concrete next to our car which was parked in front of the place.The reason-virtually no lights in the parking lot, and she could not see where she was going. It was early evening, but had turned dark, and the mall management apparently had not adjusted the lights to come on earlier. She was banged up pretty good. She was not interested in reporting to the management because we did not think it was the fault of the management. Just a reminder to be careful whereve you are walking.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 23, 2018

This is absolutely the great place to eat. You have to be aware if you are not local that locals get their way. Sign's clearly state "your server will dish the soup". Locals (BILL) does as he pleases. If you can get by such actions the rest is A-1 and not any better anywhere. Breakfast is fantastic and each meal keeps getting better if that is possible. Can't say enough good about this restaurant. Except they need to get Bill in line and realize this is'nt his kitchen to do as he pleases.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

Food good and reasonably priced; however, you can see bickering between some of the servers. Made eating uncomfortable.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Quickly seated at the counter. Coffee and water served. Oder taken within five minutes. Thirty minutes later a lady believed to be Mary asked me to move over one chair so she can jam two chairs into the space I had been sitting. Now we are elbow to elbow uncomfortable. Twenty more minutes pass and the server attempts to deliver what I did not order. Watched a discussion at the kitchen service window about my order. The server came back and asked "what did you order honey?" I repeated my order, waited twenty more minutes and still nothing. Left ten dollars under my coffee cup and exited Marys. More than seventy minutes at the counter for the greatest non-breakfast in Young Harris.

3  Thank aboatworks