1,048 results
All reviews horseback riding huge fireplace crab legs mani pedi hiking trails the cottages the north georgia mountains prime rib buffet the main lodge relaxing weekend the indoor outdoor pool hot tub pro shop beautiful property breakfast buffet rocking chairs mountain view
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Pleasant surprise visit to North George. Staff was very friendly. Only bad was many members of staff were not up on local tourist attractions. Would return again and did enjoy the horseback riding and views of surrounding area. Stayed 4 nights, but needed 3 more to see area better.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kramerroy
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Beautiful nature surrounds the lodge with outdated rooms. Of course you don't go to a place like north Georgia mountains to spend time in the room but it would be nice to be able to breath when you sleep. I had to double up on my allergy medicine just to get dressed and sleep in the room. Mildew was prevalent. Noise is another problem. I heard every word my neighbors said and when they were getting ready to leave in the early morning I kept thinking someone was in my room because the noise was so disturbing.

I asked others if their rooms were smelly and they all concurred. Even the bride said their room was "crappy". Sad but true.

Bad wine but good food. Poorly designed maps for trail walks. Friendly service.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
BrasstownStaff, Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Dear guest known on Tripadvisor as Cuban Anne,
I have been able to learn of the challenges with your most recent stay. I do not have your information in order to extend to you a proper response. Please feel free to contact me at 706-379-9900 extension 4884 so that we can discuss the challenges and return you to being a fan of Brasstown Valley Resort. It is only through your input that we can improve. Annually, the room cleanliness scores through our guest surveys hover around the 90% mark which is far north of the industry average. Challenges can happen at any hotel but when they do, I feel Brasstown Valley Resort is adept at recovering from them.

I apologize for the challenges and look forward to speaking with you at your convenience.

James E. Ayres II
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed September 25, 2010

My daughter was married at Brasstown. Our whole experience was tremendous. The wedding cordinator, Renee Beebe was the most wonderful person and we could not have done it without her. I hightly recommend this location for any brides looking for a wedding venue. We had our wedding at the Creekside Pavillon and reception at the Sunset Pavillon. It was beautiful! The staff here is the best.

Date of stay: September 2010
1  Thank Justme579
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The rooms were ok, no microwave or mini-fridge, though. The pool area was nice. The spa package was the best! The spa was super, and made the stay at the overpriced resort worth it.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Was just at the resort for a three day meeting. It was a very nice experience!

The location is spectacular - in the mountains and lakes of North Georgia. This is definitely a destination resort - you need to want to come here (or be visiting friends in this out of the way spot.

From start to finish, the service was excellent - every employee, from front desk, to housekeeping to bellmen, to restaurants were great. Really nice, probably all local and very genuine.

If you have ever been to Disney's Wilderness Lodge, it's a lot like that - very woodsy decor. The lobby and common areas are spectacular - a big deck overlooking the mountains.

The rooms were pretty good - clean but a teeny bit musty - nothing to get worried about, but it's there...bed was comfortable, bathroom was big and spacious and I had a nice balcony overlooking the pool. Great shower and towels - the important things...Bed was pretty comfortable, a bit soft.

Restaurant was good for lunch - great buffet. Dinner was expensive and the menu was a bit limited - the food (strip steak is awesome) is good, but again, you would look for more variety in the menu. We ate there one night and down the street to Cafe Portofino - similar food quality, but a bigger menu and a bit more reasonable. But all in all, all the food was tasty.

Didnt' try the spa, or golf, or horses, but everything looked top shelf and very high quality.

I will certainly bring the family back for a few days - very nice place

Date of stay: August 2010