“Great relaxing stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Tampa, Florida
“Great relaxing stay!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed 5 nights for some R&R. We were greeted when we drove up by Donald. What a treasure he is. He was friendly and helpful every time we saw him. When we checked in, we had a discrepancy on our bill which turned out to be our ignorance of their upgrade policies. However, they made sure we were more than satisfied with our experience. Our room was charming with a rustic feel. We had a beautiful view from our balcony. Our room was comfortable for the most part. I thought the mattress was too hard, my husband said it was fine. The bathroom could use some grout refreshing on the tile but still it was elegant and large. Plenty of space there. The coffee maker was located in the bathroom so we moved it into the room. There was a unit air conditioner which worked well to keep the room cool. We would have liked more lighting. The available lights were somewhat dim. We enjoyed room service and the two restaurants. My husband played golf every day we were there except the first day rain out. He said the golf course was excellent and the surroundings beautiful. We walked one of the trails on the property which I enjoyed. The grounds were beautiful even in the heat of summer. We are making plans to return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. I apologize that you experienced any discrepancy with regard to your check in, and I am glad to read that all was taken care of to your satisfaction. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve; I will personally thank Donald for his exceptional service.

Although you and your husband had differing views as to the comfort level of the mattress; I am please to inform you that we are beginning a multi-year change out of all of our mattresses. Two of the floors have been changed as of this week.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Townsend, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The site was beautiful. The spa services were excellent. Hope to go back soon! The rooms were clean and neat. I had a spa pedicure and relaxed in the hot tub. The spa part of the resort was very relaxing!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank reesetownsend
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve; especially for your service at the Spa. I am pleased that you were able to relax in the hot tub at the Spa as well.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Two reviews as very different experience. The first review was our 5 th floor main lodge room. The bed bothered me as they had this funky headboard that you get your hands stuck in and is uncomfortable to lie in bed. They give you 4 tiny pillows which we requested 2 additional to alleviate the headboard. The bed was mediocre. Worse yet the bathroom had low water pressure and the toilets don't flush well. The show was old fashion, but they provided good quality amenities. The A/C was good. Give the room 2 stars.

The rest of the resort is 4.5 stars with quality staff. The restaurants are all excellent. The Golf course is in excellent shape and good. Nice pool and decent fitness room. They had horse stables/Spa which we did not use. The hiking trails were in excellent shape. This made our 3 day stay a pleasant experience! Overall give them 3.5 stars.

Tip: Get tee times in advance as they have outside groups using the Golf facility.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and for being our guest.

I appreciate your positive comments regarding our restaurants, golf course, pool, hiking and the 4.5 star staff rating. I will personally share your feedback with the team.

I apologize that you had challenges with our twisted laurel head boards and the size of our pillows. We have identified new pillows which are being added to our inventory. I will also address the water pressure and functionality of the water closet. We should have addressed these concerns prior to your arrival.

Please visit often and tell all of your friends about our resort.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
email cburton@brasstownvalley.com
Jasper, GA
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Brasstown Valley Resort several times. It is an acceptable hotel, but just doesn't inspire. The room was clean and the furniture was very rustic in nature. It was a little dark inside the room. The bathroom is fairly plain but functional. My wife noted that the towels were very thick.

We stayed on the third floor this visit which is perfectly acceptable. See prior reviews about moisture problems in the rooms on lower levels.

It has a large atrium area with a fireplace extending up through the center. It has a rustic feel, but again just doesn't satisfy for me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randy L
Thank you for selecting Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa during your time in North Georgia.

Your feedback is appreciated and will be considered as we make improvements to the resort. Our scheduled room updates for this year include new mattresses and drapes. We have recently replaced all lodge guest room carpeting, seated furniture, tv's and our bedding. The long term plan includes new bathroom tile, addition of crown molding and more room amenities.

I was pleased to read that your wife enjoyed our "thick" bath sheets.

We are focused on providing exceptional guest experiences in all areas of the resort and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in North Georgia.

6321 Highway 76-Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 -fax (706) 379-9999
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I visited Brasstown Valley Resort and Spa on a class retreat, and it was fantastic! The resort and grounds are beautiful, and the staff is friendly, helpful, and mostly very polite! The event staff is on hand to help with all of your needs. I will certainly return for a relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the lodge for a view on the hills! Upgrade to a room with a fireplace...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review or your recent stay during your conference. I am very pleased to read that the conference was a memorable one. I will personally thank our staff for their friendly, helpful, and polite attention to your needs. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Our favorite place to stay in North GA! We have visited many times over the years and chose this place for our overnight get away for our 30th anniversiary. Just a beautiful, relaxing place to "get away"!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ILcornstalk
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was, again, everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve; especially for your first time visiting us. I am pleased that you chose to celebrate your 30th anniversary here, with us!

USA
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My friend and I had spent a night at an overpriced hotel in Asheville, and were headed back to Atlanta, within a couple of hours of home. We decided to stray along the Blue Ridge Parkway, enjoying the spectacular views and the mist rising from the trees. We finally descended into the mundane, headed for Atlanta, but not really wanting our vacation to end. We decided to see if Brasstown Valley Resort had a room, because we had both enjoyed it in the past. We were so glad we did! Though the resort was almost full, we were given a room on the 5th floor with a gorgeous view. The fireplace in the corner would have been a welcome sight had it been winter. I had recalled the excellent food, and we were not disappointed. Saturday night was a prime rib buffet with all the trimmings for $25. The morning buffet was almost as interesting for $14. The lodge is set in the trees on the mountain slope. Views of the golf course and lawns, with a wedding set up, were gorgeous. We only experienced helpful, courteous service. We highly recommend this spot.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th (top) floor, and loved it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank loonybanana
Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with an exceptional experience.

I do appreciate your comments regarding our facility, staff, food, and accommodations.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

CBurton@brasstownvalley.com
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen
Holiday Inn Express Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!