“Mountain Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed April 25, 2014

It was another great getaway to Brasstown Valley Resort. The grounds were so beautiful, the room was very comfortable - the fireplace was very nice to warm up to at night. The breakfast was incredible. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and for choosing Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I enjoyed reading your positive comments regarding our golf course, service and staff. I will share your feedback with my team. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests, which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome the opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Thank you once again for being our guests and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Nice, clean and comfy rooms. We went when it was quiet but I suspect its hard to sleep when the place is full. I actually heard someone sneeze from next door. We didn't like the little marshmallow pillows but the mattresses were great.
Be sure to walk the property- very lovely.
The restaurants [both the main one and Brassies] were way overpriced and below average food, except the breakfast which was good [ordered off the menu]. Some complimentary coffee in the lobby would have been nice.
We thought all the staff was friendly and accommodating.
Super friendly people associated with the great golf course.

Room Tip: Loved the outside sitting area outside our room. We really felt like we were in the mountains. We wo...
1  Thank Bearnecessite

It was disappointing to read your comments regarding the food quality in our restaurants. I will work with my Executive Chef and team to ensure we deliver a consistent and quality product. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss any specific concerns to ensure I completely understand your concerns.

Thank you once again and please return often.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I and a couple friends decided to gives Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa a try!
Wow! What a great place to visit. Beautiful scenery with the Blue Ridge Mountains all around you.
The men played golf and could not of been happier with the course. It's just a great course and beautiful scenery they all said. We went to a nearby town, cannot remember the name except
it might have been Hiawishie, or something like that. Well if you go, try to find a restaurant called
Michaeline's. It was fabulous. The chef was amazing and the price was very reasonable. Don't miss this place!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be, especially being your first visit. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve.

It is my pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope you continue to make us your destination of choice for many years to come!!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We love the north Georgia mountains. This was our first time at this resort which is very lovely. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. There appears to be a view from every room at the lodge. Be sure to ask about rooms with balconies or fireplaces. There is an additional charge but well worth it. I am sorry to say that we were not offered this upgrade. I wish it had been offered. We would have surely jumped on it. The lobby is cozy with a huge stone fireplace with an abundance of comfortable seating. Indoor heated pool and jacuzzi also very nice. The grounds are altogether beautiful and there is LOTS to do! Now the downside, the water in the shower did not stay hot for very long. We had dinner in the dining room our first evening here and do not recommend it. Had it not been for the excellent service provided by Linnae, we would have been terribly disappointed. She was a gem. Mashed potatoes were room temp and the broccoli cheese soup was missing any cheese that we could tell...even though when we ordered Linnae warned us that it was thinner than the broccoli cheese soup we may have been expecting. Dessert was presented beautifully but lacked the warm chocolate melted center we expected out of the tiny portion of chocolate cake. There are many other places to eat so do not let this stop you. Lastly, there are no refrigerators in the room but you can request one for a fee. Wifi and parking however are free of charge. There is a nicely equipped gym along with sauna and steam room...NICE! On demand movies in rooms also a plus.

Room Tip: Do make sure you request a balcony or fireplace room.
1  Thank Rose F

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted and expected it to be, especially being your first visit. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with "magic moments" and wonderful guest service.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our second visit to Brasstown. So enjoyed the hotel and spa. A great place to relax with plenty of activity as well. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the front desk staff is professional and friendly.
The only negatives were the bellman at check out was extremely rude...was actually non responsive as we spoke to him. It was strange how angry he seemed. We are not easily offended but we wondered what was wrong with him.
We had a similar experience at breakfast when our server became irritated and made a big deal out of the fact that we were using a Groupon but did not have the little cards provided by the front desk. When I explained we were not given cards and there was no mention of them at check-in she continued to question as if that could not be true, and wouldn't let us order until they spoke to the front desk. At one point I said forget it, we'll just order and pay out of pocket, because she made us feel so uncomfortable. The cards were eventually produced by the front desk but our pleasant breakfast was marred by the server's attitude.
Overall, we like this resort and will come again. The staff was great with the exception of the those mentioned above...and the property is lovely.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your continued patronage and support of Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the properties atmosphere, accommodations, our front desk staff and the resort activities.

I apologize for the negative interactions you encountered with our bellman and server during breakfast. I have been able to determine which staff members were involved and the proper coaching/training has been provided. This type of interaction is not, as you have experienced, typical and will not happen in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and please tell your friends about Brasstown (the positive experiences of course). We look forward to many future visits.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My best friend and I came here using travel zoo and we has the best time! We didn't book any activity and the girl at the front desk (Katlyn) helped us plan out everything we did like horseback riding and the wine tasting. She also found us a room looking at the mountains. The lunch buffet was amazing and we loved the big fireplace in the lobby. We will defiantly come back in the summer or fall.

Room Tip: Get a room with an odd number because they face the mountains
1  Thank Tracy L
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing to be our guests and taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank Kaitlyn for providing you with an exceptional experience.

It is my hope to meet and thank you personally during your next visit. Please continue spreading your positive experiences.

6321 Highway 76Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999
Cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a wonderful experience for the whole family. Great hiking trails, spa, indoor/outdoor pool, stables, and lots of scenic views. It does not get any better than this! Lovely staff and wonderful dining room with seafood night on Fridays! Terrific staff and an overall wonderful stay. Thanks everyone at Brasstown!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted and expected it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. I will personally thank all of my staff for providing you with "magic moments" and wonderful guest service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 19 in Helen
Holiday Inn Express Helen

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!