“The weather outside was frightful...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young Harris
Columbia, SC
“The weather outside was frightful...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Just returned from a quick pre-Christmas trip to Brasstown. Even though the weather was terrible, the large fires in the main hallway and in all the eating areas were delightful! The food, the service, and the rooms were all extremely nice. The Christmas decorations were spectacular! We especially enjoyed the heated pool.

We are already planning our return trip!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GamecockFan
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, food, staff, and holiday decorations. I will be sharing these comments with our staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome the opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Thank you once again for being our guests and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your return.

cburton@brasstownvalley.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Palmyra, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The restaurant offers the look of elegance overlooking the vast amount of windows with breath taking views.

The lunch buffet offers pasta cooked to order with a wide array of delicious food from soup to desserts. The choice of pasta sauces adds a dimension of delicious.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley for your luch destination. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility and food. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA 30582
Direct Line 706-379-4600
Fax 706-379-9999
Charles.Burton@Brasstownvalley.com
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We just stayed at Brasstown for a conference and had a great experience. The main room had tons of place to sit and relax around a great fireplace. My room was in a cottage which was about 1/4 mile from the lodge. It was very relaxing and we enjoyed the stay. They had great set up and support for the conference. The omelets in the dining room were very yummy.

This is the place, if you are looking for someplace to relax.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaM317
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review or your recent stay during your conference. I am very pleased to read that the conference was a great experience. I will personally thank our staff for helping to provide you with a relaxing and enjoyable time. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with a place to "Leave your worries at our door". We look forward to being your destination of choice for years to come!

Thank You Again!!

6321 Highway 76Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999
Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have stayed several times at various times of the year, 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Summer. There is plenty to do. The Fourth has great fireworks and Thanksgiving ( though very busy with off-property dinners, get dining room reservations)has dinner. The dining room is very warm and welcoming in wood panel. There is an omelet station. To do: horseback riding, hiking, spa pools and a great golf course. On a small scale it is Grove Park. There is an open fireplace to welcome you and on property dining and pub food with pool tables and darts. Relaxing. Check for speacials.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank james h
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and the kind words regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our offerings, food, and staff. I will be sharing these comments with our staff. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome the opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come. And yes, our Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet is well attended and does require reservations.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

While the staff is excellent and the main building & grounds beautiful we had a poor experience. We stayed in one of the cabins which are really separate building for with about 4 rooms each. Room condition was something I'd expect to see in a much lesser hotel and not a resort. they had a wedding party in the next room that kept us up all night. Hotel knew about it but did not offer to move us when we checked in. We had only one meal there, breakfast which was well below what you would expect. we ate all other meals outside the resort.
The experience was so disappointing we checked out the next day.

Room Tip: Stay away from the cabins unless you have a large group and you're not picky about the condition...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dean A
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your visit. I appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff, main building and grounds.

I was disappointed to read that you were kept up all night due to other guests making noise. We review room assignments each day in effort to prevent this type of negative experience. I apologize that we did not move your room prior to arrival.

I also apologize that you did not like your cabin accommodations and our breakfast buffet. We typically receive compliments regarding both and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your specific concerns.

Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

Thank you again and it is my hope that you will return to Brasstown to allow us the opportunity gain your confidence.

Young Harris, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was very surprised at all the negative reviews for Brasstown Resort. We live in Young Harris, and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences while visiting there. It is true, we have only stayed the night once, but have eating in the dining room and in the bar, downstairs, many times. We have even just gone in, ordered an adult beverage and sat outside on the deck, to enjoy our beautiful Enchanted Valley.
We have never seen rude or uncaring front desk people.
The one night we stayed at the resort, we had a room overlooking the pool. No desk. We left the room to eat, came back to the room, and our key would not work. After calling the desk, there was soon someone to unlock the door for us. My husband decided to go for a swim, and I followed him down to the pool area. I decided I wanted to go in the spa, and went back to the room to change. Once again, my key would not work. Once again, maintenance came an unlocked our door. He then informed us that they were going to change our room. And, change they did. Moved us down the hall, to a suite. Two beautiful rooms. Two TV's. No view, but we didn't care. :) A knock at the door brought a waiter with a cheese plate and a nice bottle of wine for our troubles.
The dining room buffet is fantastic. All you could ever hope to eat. But, actually, we preferred the breakfast, as it is much less crowded, but still a great start to the morning.
I hope all who have had bad experiences will give it another chance. There are some fantastic people working there and they deserve another chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue R
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am happy to read that your experience was everything you wanted it to be. It is always good to read that our staff are providing the experience we strive everyday to achieve. Your getaway is a great example of the service we strive to provide.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff, and food. I will personally thank my team for being very friendly and helpful.

Thank you again and please return often.

tel (706) 379-4600
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stay at the Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa once a year for a conference. Beautiful property with quality amenities like the Equani Spa, pretty good food, hiking trails and stables.

I've stayed in the cabins and in the lodge. The cabins are nice -- every room has a fireplace and its own bathroom. This year we had a room at the Lodge -- a handicap accessible room. I did not ask for a handicap accessible room. The problem with this room was that it was right next to the vending area and ice machine and the elevators...very noisy location. We had a parking lot view and no balcony. Then there's the shower. It was basically a flat open part of the room with a shower curtain. I do not like a shower curtain flapping all over me and touching me. It's gross. I do not think we should have been placed in this room without being told about the differences between it and a standard room. Or...they should tell you when you book with a conference group that you will get the worst rooms in the place. By the way, for a resort in Young Harris, GA, even if it is during "leaf season" the room was overpriced for what it was.

The room itself was okay. The mattress was too squishy and needs to be replaced. The down comforter was on the bed between two sheets...the purpose of the two sheets was obviously to hide the stains all over it. I was disappointed when I discovered that.

Nothing really special about the room at all. I won't make the same mistakes again if we go next year.

The Equani spa is a don't miss, though. I felt rushed through the beginning of my experience there. I guess they had a lot of appointments stacked up. But I appreciate their efforts to stay on schedule. We had a lovely hot stone massage -- one of the best ever! Beautiful facility too.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as a couple make sure you get a mountain view room. If you are traveling with a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for continuing to choose Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa as your destination during the annual conference. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our amenities, food, trails and stables.

It was also nice to read that you enjoyed our Equani Spa and that we provide a "best ever" hot stone massage. I will personally thank those involved.

I apologize that you experienced challenges with the lodge room we provided. I will work with my team to ensure that we address your concerns with the noise and shower. We should have communicated that you were being provided a handicapped accessible room as you were registering. Our goal is to provide every guest with exactly what they prefer with the understanding that occasionally hotel occupancy creates limited options. Please give me a call prior to your next visit so they I may personally assist with your accommodations.

Thank you once again for continuing to support Brasstown.

tel (706) 379-4600
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Riverbend Motel & Cabins

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!