I was very surprised at all the negative reviews for Brasstown Resort. We live in Young Harris, and we have had nothing but wonderful experiences while visiting there. It is true, we have only stayed the night once, but have eating in the dining room and in the bar, downstairs, many times. We have even just gone in, ordered an adult beverage and sat outside on the deck, to enjoy our beautiful Enchanted Valley.
We have never seen rude or uncaring front desk people.
The one night we stayed at the resort, we had a room overlooking the pool. No desk. We left the room to eat, came back to the room, and our key would not work. After calling the desk, there was soon someone to unlock the door for us. My husband decided to go for a swim, and I followed him down to the pool area. I decided I wanted to go in the spa, and went back to the room to change. Once again, my key would not work. Once again, maintenance came an unlocked our door. He then informed us that they were going to change our room. And, change they did. Moved us down the hall, to a suite. Two beautiful rooms. Two TV's. No view, but we didn't care. :) A knock at the door brought a waiter with a cheese plate and a nice bottle of wine for our troubles.
The dining room buffet is fantastic. All you could ever hope to eat. But, actually, we preferred the breakfast, as it is much less crowded, but still a great start to the morning.
I hope all who have had bad experiences will give it another chance. There are some fantastic people working there and they deserve another chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the North Georgia Mountains, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa quietly redefines the typical mountain getaway. Just a short two-hours from Atlanta, there is something for everyone at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. No longer a secret, the 18-hole championship golf course was named among Golf Digest magazine's top places to play. The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa offers one- and two-hour guided horseback trail-riding for every skill level. And the 7,500-square-foot Equani Spa, inspired by the area's native Cherokee people, serves up treatments to maximize strength, health, appearance, mental acuity and spiritual balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brasstown Valley Resort And Spa
- Brasstown Valley Hotel Young Harris
- Brasstown Valley Resort Young Harris