We stayed here for 2 nights recently with our baby. This was my second time here. We stayed in one of the cabins. I still overall like the property, and the staff is generally friendly and helpful, but the housekeeping and facility were not up to the price. There was coffee in the room but no creamer/sugar (when we arrived and after the housekeeper cleaned the room). The shampoo and soaps were not replaced when the room was cleaned. The carpet was fraying in the room and something sharp in it cut our baby's foot when she was crawling on it. The walls are VERY thin. The first night we had no neighbors in the cabin and it was nice and quiet and we very much enjoyed the peace of the room and the fireplace. The second night we were kept up all night with the neighbor's blaring TV; we could hear everything they were saying as the walls are so thin. At one point I was in the bathroom and could not tell if my husband was talking to me through the door or I was hearing the neighbor in the next room.
Also, the sauna in the ladies locker took about 2 hours to heat to 160 degrees (lowest suggested heat level) and never got up over about 162 degrees. So I spent a lot of time trying to get the sauna to work and it never got up to proper heat levels. The staff did try to help right away when I asked for help.
We ate in both restaurants. The fried fish in the Brassies restaurant was very overfried, and the pasta in the upstairs restaurant was overcooked at the lunch buffet. The staff was quite helpful and friendly.
We may give this place another try sometime, but we will likely look for another alternative next time that we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the North Georgia Mountains, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa quietly redefines the typical mountain getaway. Just a short two-hours from Atlanta, there is something for everyone at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. No longer a secret, the 18-hole championship golf course was named among Golf Digest magazine's top places to play. The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa offers one- and two-hour guided horseback trail-riding for every skill level. And the 7,500-square-foot Equani Spa, inspired by the area's native Cherokee people, serves up treatments to maximize strength, health, appearance, mental acuity and spiritual balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brasstown Valley Resort And Spa
- Brasstown Valley Hotel Young Harris
- Brasstown Valley Resort Young Harris