“Great North Georgia Secret!”

Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Young Harris
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My stay at Brasstown Valley was great! We stayed in a cottage and it exceeded our expectations. The room was clean with a pleasant smell when we entered. The parlor was nice and big. The kitchen was clean and up to date. The beds slept well and the pillows were nice too. The Christmas decorations were beautiful in the lodge and on the grounds. The big fire place made the lobby area so cozy and welcoming. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. We are already making arrangements to return in February for a couples getaway and a girl's spa retreat. Brasstown Valley is a gem in the North Georgia Mountains. I'm glad I stumbled across it.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank RavenwoodUnionCity
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. I am pleased to read that you are coming back to stay with us again. Christmas is a magical time at the resort and we love to share that magic. I am glad you stumbled accross us. I look forward to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa being your destination of choice for a long time to come!!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my second stay at the resort. The location is scenic mountains with plenty of trail and Brasstown Bald close by. Throw in a couple of wineries. The resort is nice and clean, and staff is pleasant enough. I stayed in one of the cabins, which I prefer over the rooms in the lodge - except for the walking distance to the lodge. My issue was with the hot water. I ran out of hot water twice - after less than two minutes in the shower. Once was during peak time and once wasn't. However, in my opinion, this shouldn't have happened. I did mention it during departure but no one seemed too concerned. So it would be up in the air whether I would stay there again.
Also, food was bit pricey for the quality.

Room Tip: Get a cabin with a fireplace if you don't mind walking, or get a room in the lodge if you want t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank govtmule
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your continued patronage. I appreciate your feedback and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

I was pleased to read your positive comments about our location, trails and our staff. I disappointed to read that our staff failed to seem concerned when you explained that you ran out of hot water. My desk staff made me aware of the concern following your departure and I had our engineers address the issue in cabin . I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the concerns and how we might be able to regain your confidence.

Thank you once again for being our guest and it is my hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visited for a business conference. The staff was very very professional. The rooms were roomy, comfortable, and clean. The golf course was in great shape.
Meals were fresh, creative, delicious and well prepared.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. You kind words are appreciated and will be shared with the staff.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I were in town for a wedding at the Brasstown Valley Resort. My initial impression of the hotel was positive (great lobby), that ended when I entered the hotel room and was surprised to find the room in disrepair and severely aged. The majority of the hotel staff was inattentive and lackluster. As the weekend went on the poor service continued and culminated when our car was damaged in the parking lot of the hotel. When we tried to report the incident the hotel staff was extremely rude and accusatory. When the police finally arrived to document the damage, the sheriff let us know that they are called to the hotel very often and was not surprised that something else had occurred on the premise. The general manager and his staff need to reassess how they treat their guests.

After this weekend I highly recommend anyone looking for a romantic getaway or wedding to look elsewhere. This is one of the worst places I have stayed in my life.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tre8888
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

I was pleased to read of your positive first impression of our facility. It was disappointing to read your concerns regarding your guest room and our service. I was surprised to read that we failed to deliver a positive experience during your stay given how often guests provide compliments regarding staff interactions. We are in the process of a multi-year capital investment on the property which includes replacing guest room televisions, couches, chairs and drapes. The televisions and furniture will arriving starting in January. I apologize that your car is damaged and that you felt as though you were treated rudely.

Thank you once again for considering Brasstown Valley and it is my hope that you will consider returning in the future.

6321 Highway 76Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We enjoyed just being away from everything. We relaxed in the spa, read books by the fireplace, and enjoyed quite meals together. The staff was helpful without being intrusive. The grounds were beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foxtrot-BandB

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. Your getaway is a great examp;e of the service we stive to provide.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had previously been to Brasstown Valley Resort for a meeting and wanted to return for some personal time away. At the last minute I called for a reservation while traveling between TN and SC and I was very glad I did. It is such a beautiful place to see the fall leaves over the mountains. With a very comfortable lobby and large fireplace, it is a perfect place for a fall get-away. Donald, their doorman, made my day and made me feel like a part of then"family" there. They have stables nearby to go riding, a spa, breakfast buffets and beautiful golf course too. The rooms are comfortable and have a beautiful view. Did I mention it's beautiful? It's a little off the beaten path, but well worth driving out of the way to get there!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank allisondeanlove

thank you for your review. I was happy to read that your experience at a meeting led to you spending some personal time here. I told David he was mentioned in a review and he was very pleased. We are lucky here to have a staff focused on delivering the best guest experience they can. I look forward to being your get away of choice for many years to come.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

As you walk into the hotel you are wowed but a huge fireplace and very nice lobby, however when you enter the rooms in the main lodge they remind you of a tacky (wood furniture) Marriott but not as nice. For the money one would pay during peak season (around $200/night) the room left much to be desired. Again somewhat tacky decor, small room, limited amenities, and only modest views. The rooms still have old tube TVs - I know with all the outdoor activities here I shouldn't concern myself with the TV, but just goes to show how outdated this resort is. The redeeming quality of our room was a gas fireplace that was very nice! The hallways have very old carpet and smell musty. The restaurant, however seemed to be a great value. 11.95 for all you can eat pasta bar lunch was fantastic! The pasta dishes are made in front of you as you wait and have great flavor as well as many ingredients to mix in. The grounds are the big draw here as they well maintained and look fantastic. The golf course seemed to be well maintained and pretty challenging. They offer many other outdoor activities including hiking, fishing and equestrian activities. If they upgrade the rooms this would be a great resort to enjoy the colors of fall.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook the golf course and offer much better views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PV4u2nv

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the grounds, dining room and other activities. In regards to the rooms updating being needed, I am happy to say the process has begun. We have replaced all the carpeting in the hallways and guest rooms. we have ordered new 40" flat screen TVs as well as new furniture which should start arriving in January. We have also placed an order for new drapery. The 2nd floor drapery has been replaced. When all the upgrades are complete I am sure you will find us back at the top of your choices to visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
#4 of 18 in Helen
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Helen, GA
Unicoi State Park & Lodge

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!