“Amazing Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young Harris
Prattville, Alabama
“Amazing Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I visited Brasstown Valley the weekend before Valentine's Day with my husband. We used a Groupon to pay for the room and activities, and upgraded to a room with a fire place. We were on the 5th floor of the main lodge which had amazing views. We visited the main restaurant for breakfast each morning. They have a great buffet with an omelet station and french toast that was awesome. We enjoyed an evening meal at Brassies - the fish tacos were so yummy- and had a few beers while playing games of pool. It seemed like everywhere you went there was a fire roaring to warm your fingers and toes. It snowed Saturday morning and we took the 2hr horseback ride through the mountains. Gorgeous views! Sunday we visited the spa and had a massage and pedicure. We were treated fabulous everywhere we went and definitely wood return!

Yes the rooms could use a little updating, but it definitely had that lodge feel we were looking for in the mountains.

We definitely recommend visiting David at the Crane Creek Vineyards and sneaking away for a dinner at the Copper Door, located about 15 minutes away in Hayesville, NC. Fabulous stay! Even with our Groupon we were treated with kindness everywhere we went, and the staff were all well equipped to handle the vouchers that came with it so there was no hassle or feeling like a second rate guest!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff is courteous, the resort activities are enjoyed and that our food is delicious. I agree with you and I appreciate that fact that you have taken time to share your positive experiences.

Please continue sharing your positive comments and return often.

6321 Highway 76Young Harris, Georgia 30582
tel (706) 379-4600 fax (706) 379-9999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I chose Brasstown for an anniversary trip in December. There was a Mary Kay convention and a wedding at the resort, so the place was hopping with people. Our first room was fine, but the walls were paper thin and we could clearly hear the conversations on either side of us. My husband spoke to the front desk clerk, and we were given an upgraded room for an additional charge. The food was disappointing for a resort, in terms of quality and temperature. The staff was friendly, especially a female server in the pub. At night, we could hear the hooting and hollering from the wedding guests and the dance music, but not much you can do about that. The spa was interesting. While the couples massages were great, the spa staff lacked some professionalism. Three receptionists at the front desk talked in loud voices about TV shows, and the attendant who helped me in the female locker room was smacking gum. The Quiet Room was jam-packed with guests, and they brought in rolling office chairs for some guests to sit. The spa manager came in and greeted one couple and spoke to them for quite some time, but didn't acknowledge the other guests - nor did the server wait on anyone except those 2 guests. It just was loud and uncomfortable until we were called back. Overall, my husband and I enjoyed the scenery, the self-guided hike, the massages, and our time together.

Room Tip: Go for the suites!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you for choosing Brasstown to celebrate your anniversary. I appreciate that you took time to provide feedback regarding your visit.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the scenery, hiking trials, your massages and the time together. It was disappointing to read that you had concerns regarding our food, loud guests and your spa experience. I apologize that we failed to deliver a seamless experience. I will share your feedback with my team focusing on addressing the concerns while maintaining the positives that you shared.

I will work with my food and beverage team to improve the quality and temperature consistency of our food. The spa relaxation room can be a challenge on busy days given its size. I will discuss with my spa staff the importance of maintaining the atmosphere and acknowledging all of our guests even on the busiest of days.

Regarding your being able to hear the conversation between the guests sharing the adjoining wall, we have completed a process that drastically reduced the noise heard between rooms. Our goal is to complete this process in all of the cabins and specific lodge rooms over the next several months. We are commented to eliminating this specific inconvenience for our guests.

I would like the chance to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. I would also like to discuss the additional charge you paid for moving into an upgrade after being disturbed by our other guests. Please feel free to contact me when you have a moment. Thank you and I hope you plan on returning to Brasstown for many anniversaries to come.

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Brasstown Valley Resort heals the soul and delights the tummy. The lobby is a majestic yet rustic lodge with a hearth big enough for eight foot long logs wrapped by a balcony overlooking mountain and valley vistas.

The amazing lunch buffet comes complete with pasta chefs making specialties to order, soups and salads with the best ingredients and flavored, desserts to make your afternoon. All for under $9.00.

With stables on premises for first class rides, a wonderful pool, festivals in nearby Blairsville and motorcycle routes that are riders' dreams come true, the review hasn't begun to capture the assets this resort provides. Come see for yourselves.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Roberta S
BrasstownStaff, General Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Brasstown Valley during your recent getaway. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding our facility, staff and food. It is our mission to provide "magic moments" for our guests which we work hard to deliver each and everyday. We welcome to opportunity to be your resort of choice for many years to come.
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future and thank you for being our guest.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Exceptional service, wonderful food, incredible accommodation. I can not say enough about fantastic time we had here. The staff went out of there way to see that we had a stress free stay. We were only there two nights but it felt like a weeks vacation. We will be back very soon.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the raving review of the property. It is always great to hear that our staff helped make your stay stress free. It is also great to read that we are achieving our goals of " Warm Welcomes,
Magic Moments and Fond Farewells."

chattanooga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at Brasstown this past weekend for barbeque classes and a banquet. For the most part the trip was wonderful and the entire time we were there, we talked about booking another trip. We loved the whole area and the resort is just beautiful. We didn't have the time to take advantage of the ammenities but were very excited to return in Spummer to do some fishing, hiking, and horseback riding. We were also planning to return again for the barbeque competitions in May. We were going to book when we checked out. Unfortunately, when we received the bill there were additional charges that we felt were hidden and deceiving. We knew going into it that there was a $10 resort fee that we would be charged. What we did not expect was a $20 "banquet service charge" on top of the $35 we each already paid to attend the banquet. I am sure that the KCBS was charged a fee to have the banquet there, so it seems Brasstown is double charging. I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk. He said others had already been asking about the fee that morning but there was nothing he could do about it. They did not remove the charge. The $20 wasn't as bothersome as the feeling of being deceived by the company. This seemed dishonest and just sneaky. Because this made me not trust the business practices of the resort, we unfortunately did not book another long weekend there.

Room Tip: Make sure you are clear on all charges in advance.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jesarm
BrasstownStaff, Manager at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property. I was sorry to hear that you had a problem with your bill. We did find a problem with the way the BBQ package had been set up on the morning of your checkout. Apparently you had checked out before we caught the issue. Our Front Desk manager has gone throug all of the bills again and issued credits to any bill that needed to be corrected. If you will contact us we can make sure your bill is correct now.

Marvin Copeland
Reservations Manager
mcopeland@brasstownvalley.com
Athens, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

There was plenty to do. Went horseback riding on Friday. Then off to clay pigeon shooting on Saturday. Though we have small children, so we had to get a sitter through the resort. She was wonderful!! By 4 pm my sister and I headed over to the spa, it was very relaxing. The steam room after the facial made it a perfect end. Meanwhile the men took the kids fishing at the onsite pond.
The food at the resort was ok. Otherwise, the staff was super friendly, and the rooms were very clean and comfy. So it really made up for the food part. Will be going back again when we have a free weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Juleemac
Thank you for being our guest and for providing feedback regarding recent visit. I was pleased to read that you and your guests enjoyed the many offers at Brasstown.

I will share your specific feedback with my team with a focus on maintaining the positive services we delivered while reviewing steps to ensure that our food provides a "wow" experience moving forward.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance in any way. Thank you once again and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

We just spent another relaxing weekend at Brasstown Valley. Even though January is not peak season, we like to to Brasstown Valley to relax after being on the go for Holidays.
As always the room was clean and we enjoyed the view of the Valley. One of our favorite things to do is sit and relax by the fireplace in the lobby.
We will be returning,

Room Tip: like the view looking out over the valley
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank racox
Thank you for staying with us fow a weekend to relax after the holidays. I agree that the Lobby Fireplace is a great place to unwind and recharge. Brasstown Valley believes in our motto, "Leave your worries at our doorstop." I hope that we will continue to be your choice of a relaxing destination.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Young Harris
Hampton Inn Helen
Hampton Inn Helen
#3 of 18 in Helen
Riverbend Motel & Cabins

Been to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!