“Better than "Paula's"? & 'Cracker Barrel'? "YES!"”
Review of Peggy's

Peggy's
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Wrens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was enjoying a wonderful meal recently with my family, when I overheard another diner actually say this, "oh! This Fried Chicken, is Amazing! Why, it's 'Better Here than at Lady & Sons' -& more affordable, too!" So, I reached over & snagged a bite from my daughter... WoW! They were Oh, So Right! Peggy's has 'Down-Home' cooking, with Large Portions (I shared a plate!) The Vegetables were well made, and seasoned perfectly. We had butter-beans (small limas), macaroni, black-eyed peas and a melt-in-the-mouth biscuit-from-heaven along with that finger-lickin' Chicken (a plate comes with meat, three vegetables, & bread). I also had a chance to get some of the green beans from my other daughter. Apparently, these are better than the green beans at Cracker Barrel, and my girls are experts on their green beans! Finally, I would say this: Don't let the unassuming look of this delightful Restaurant deter you! This is some of the best home-style cooking around!

1  Thank Susan M
There are newer reviews for Peggy's

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Peggy's sure isn't housed in a fancy facility. It appears to be a converted service station. The food is basic and not fancy either, but it sure does taste good. If you like good old country style food cooked right and priced right, this is the place for you. Remember to take cash!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is probably the best lunch buffet in a multi-county area. Service is good as you enter a line and step up to order your meat and three vegetables in a regular or 'small' plate. Many local workers and farmers eat here at lunch and you have to have a large appetite to eat the regular plate cause they pile it on! I usually get the small plate and their sweet potatoes are wonderful. Yeh, it's just a small town lunch buffet but it's very good and average priced. I worked for the county and ate here often and it was always good and plenty filling.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Love this place. We here as often as possible when passing through wrens. Make sure to stop and give it a try. Just for your info they do not take any type of card. Cash or check only. My kids eat so good here and the peach cobbler is so good. Enjoy!!

1  Thank favorg10
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Good for lunch. The child's plate is plenty for a lady.