“Truly the Best BBQ in Cherokee County!”

J Miller's Smokehouse
Ranked #25 of 215 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love my BBQ and we make a good bit of it at home. But only by accident I came across this place on the day I was paying my Property Taxes and I'm so happy I stopped in for lunch. Service was Excellent, but OMG was I surprised by the Food. The amount served was certainly more than I expected, but the QUALITY! J.Miller's has something special going here. I've been back since with my family -- All LOVED it!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Joe and his team have done a great job taking over and taking "Beetle's" to the next level. We gave 'em a shot about a year ago and have been back about once every couple of months since. J. Miller's prepares the best Brunswick stew and Mac & Cheese anywhere, and his "smokehouse" versions of reuben and cuban sandwiches, AND wraps - are unique, satisfying, and tasty, smokey treats. Portions are more than fair, even the salads are great, the sauces are excellent - understated but rich, authentic and flavorful - the beer is cold.

Order a bowl of stew or chili with garlic bread, a cold beer, and a pulled pork plate with a side of onion rings or mac 'n cheese and you'll be beating your brains out with your tongue while keeping some dough in your wallet.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Small place with quirky decor. Good meal for a little hard to find spot.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Beetles has good BBQ but there never anyone there, which is odd. Maybe it's their out-of-the-way location. If I'm in the area, and hungry, I'll pick up something to go. It's always good but I don't go out of my way to go there.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went in there on the way home from picking up my son from school and I've always been curious because of the old Volkswagon Beetle thats outside. The guy inside was very nice and helped me pick out something to eat, and gave my son something to color on to keep him occupied. Food didn't take long at all. I ordered some pulled pork, fried okras, and mac and cheese.

Got home and ate it and it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The pork wasn't seasoned at all and you had to eat it with BBQ sauce. The mac and cheese was alright but I think he coated again with sharp cheese which gave it a funny taste. The fried okras was good but can you really mess up on that. I don't think I will be going back anytime soon.