“Very cute place with very loud music that does not go with the place”

Century House Tavern
Ranked #1 of 209 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant serving locally sourced ingredients in a casual atmosphere. Indoor and outdoor seating available with a dining garden and open air porch. Live music outdoors during warmer months on Friday and Saturday evenings. Full wine, beer and liquor bar with local draft beers. We accept Visa, Master, AMEX and Discover cards. Sorry no checks.
Canton, Georgia
“Very cute place with very loud music that does not go with the place”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Food was very good. A bit pricey, the table next to us asked the waitress if the music really needed to be that loud. It did not go with the place to begin with and was super loud. My husband and I found it hard to carry a conversation. We had drinks at $9.00 a pop! Appetizer at $5.00 a piece or 3 for $14.00...We chose the prosciutto and two cheeses the dish was nicely arranged with a few olives 3 bread toasts, some pickled vegetables and balsamic syrup. Could of used more toasts for the cheese to spread on. I had a burger done to my liking and hubby had the rib roast dip, both served with fried, nice and crisp and hot and a small green salad on the plate. About $15.00 each! Like I said, food was good but really those prices....

• Visited September 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sophisticated Menu”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our service was excellent and the food delicious. It was hard to find because the sign was obscured by greenery, but we finally got there and I am so glad we did! The menu was sophisticated in a good way and eclectic. With a glass of wine, great food, and lunch on the porch on a beautiful day-well, I just didn't want to leave!

• Visited September 2012
“What a treasure!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best resturants that I've found. Great ahi tuna burger and the she lobster soup will get me back there again. Server was awesome.

GA
“Something Change”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our first visit back in June was excellent. Something happened between then and now. We (my husband-this time) ordered the She Lobster Soup w/ brioche croutons & chili butter and this time it was not good at all. He disliked it so much he swapped it for my salad. The whole reason I went back was to get the marinated feta/wtrmln salad w/ honey and lavender. Oh my! To my surprise the salad (this time) had very few lettuce/leaves and it was slopped on the plate as if they were in a rush to get it out. Didn't taste as good as first time. Shame! However, the Maggie Martini was delish and refreshing being it was a very humid day. The Alaskan Halibut Medallions was ok. It needed just a little bit more seasoning. Also, I had the Prosciutto Di Parma and Caly Road Aged Goat (from Butcher & Cheeseman). I am assuming the gentleman that came over to our table is the GM as he asked how was our meal and told us the figs on my meat/cheese tray were picked fresh that day from his garden. They were good :-D My husband got the Grilled Angus Beef Ribeye but with the sides from The flat iron steak entree. He was not satisfied. Well, maybe it was an off night for them. I would go again and hope they would have fixed whatever went wrong.

• Visited July 2012
Canton, Georgia
“Good in an Eclectic Kind of Way”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Health score 99.
This is a bustling, energetic restaurant located in a beautifully-restored old home near the scenic downtown. Norman Rockwell could have designed the scene.
"Roswell chic" has arrived in Woodstock. The place is part of the same group that owns some of Roswell's trendy, pricey Canton St. restaurants, and the commonality shows.
The menu is probably best described as "new American," the menu offering a variety of meats and seafood within that genre. The she-lobster bisque was rich and contained generous amounts of lobster meat but was too salty. Be prepared to chop your own Caesar salad (which they call a "wedge" salad). My wife enjoyed her beet salad and our guests enjoyed the fried oysters and salmon sandwich.
The service was very good despite the place being packed on a Saturday night. We arrived about 6:30 and experienced a 20-minute wait.
Definitely recommended for all foodies but I wouldn't necessarily rush back.

• Visited August 2012