“Another Good Restaurant in Downtown Woodstock”

Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 215 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza & Grill is a locally-owned restaurant located in the heart of Downtown Woodstock, GA. We provide a unique and varied menu of gourmet wood fired pizzas, varied small plates and entrées made from quality ingredients using European technique and Southern charm combined with the use of imported Mugnaini Wood Fired Ovens. There is also a full bar highlighting local craft beers, signature cocktails and a broad wine list.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Quaint setting, eclectic menu items, friendly service staff and a very good martini. What else would you want for a casual dinner with a friend? By all means try the Tuna Avocado Mango Stack as an appetizer. The Chicken Sausage pizza makes you forget you're eating chicken. They have a nice thin crusted pizza which makes one order enough for two although you could eat the whole thing. The bar scene seemed to be happening.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This experience to me is a perfect example of what happens when management loses focus on the day to day. We have visited Fire Stone on a few occasions and have been overall satisfied. This has become a "hip" destination and maybe they feel that it does not need to fight for business, but many places have gone under that seemed to be popular. On this visit, lots of "we're out of that", even to the point of making recipe substitutions that don't work. Example would be substituting feta cheese for mozzarella when they were out of mozzarella...how does an Italian restaurant run out of mozzarella? What became very maddening was their inability to get food out of the kitchen. They weren't that busy, but nobody was getting food. The people next to us waited for almost an hour to get their salad! When I walked through the inside heading to the rest room, what I saw was a messy dining room, a messy kitchen, stations were messy, floor was messy and then when I went into the men's room, real messy. When I asked to talk to the manager we were told that he wasn't there and didn't know if he was coming back...pretty clear that no one was watching the store.
We'll try again sometime in the future and hope for a better result.

njtaylor55, Manager at Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Hello Jfbloveswine:

I am sorry to hear about your recent poor experience during a visit to our restaurant. With everything you described it certainly doesn't sound like one of our best nights. I will sit down with our staff this weekend to go over your experience to address the issues you described. Please know that we are a family-owned establishment and we take this type of feedback very seriously. Again, we are very sorry and I do hope that you give us another chance in the near future.

Sincerely - Nicole Taylor

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were on our own for dinner and were given a couple of choices. This place looked like fun and we loved that they had al fresco dining-it smelled heavenly. There were so many great options that I had a difficult time choosing so my business associate and myself shared two meals. He ordered the filet with broccoli, and I ordered the mushroom pizza. They were both awesome, this will definitely be on my places to dine when in the area again!

Kate:

Thanks so much for your recent visit and great review! We are so happy to enjoyed everything and look forward to having you back again very soon.

Sincerely - Nicole Taylor

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stopped in at lunch time for our first visit to Fire Stone. Very happy with the food and service. We tried the key west pizza and shared it ($15). Quite yummy.. They did not have a small size salad on the menu, so we opted to get the house salad ($8) and share it. It was actually smaller than what we thought it would be but the taste was good. So although the quality and taste of the food was very good, the actual value of the meal was below average. Did not feel full after this meal. There were some sandwich salad combos on the menu; but no pizza/salad combo. It was too cold the day we went to sit outside on the patio but it looked very nice and doubled their seating area. The restaurant was busy enough for Woodstock at lunch time and we did not have to wait for a table. Saw several business people with laptops working during their lunch. A train went by so that added to our "entertainment" and the small kids at a neighboring table really enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed a Mediterranean salad with Salmon soooo good! My son and Aunt enjoyed a fire roasted pizza loved the atmosphere!