“Fireplace Patio Ambiance”

Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 214 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza & Grill is a locally-owned restaurant located in the heart of Downtown Woodstock, GA. We provide a unique and varied menu of gourmet wood fired pizzas, varied small plates and entrées made from quality ingredients using European technique and Southern charm combined with the use of imported Mugnaini Wood Fired Ovens. There is also a full bar highlighting local craft beers, signature cocktails and a broad wine list.
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Hung out in Downtown Woodstock today for an off-site meeting. Afterwards, we decided to visit the Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill.

We were promptly seated outside (the AC inside was too much) and had a short wait for service.

This particular site has a lovely outside patio with an outdoor fireplace and tables with umbrellas (not all tables have umbrellas).

Warning: They do not have a bug zapper and there are flies everywhere! This complete interrupted enjoyment if our summer outdoor experience! This needs to be fixed!

Sandwiches
My co-workers ordered the Fire Roasted Chicken Sandwich & I ordered the Balsamic Roasted Portabella which are sizeable sandwiches served with French Fries.

Both are very large sandwiches.
The Portabella is very messy and there was a lot of water coming out of my sandwich after cutting it which I didn't like. In fact, I only ate 1/2 if my sandwich.

Pizza
My other coworker ordered the Pepperoni Pizza and requested goat cheese which they didn't have. Huh? That was disappointing since they have signature pizzas that include recipes with goat cheese.

My beverage was an awesomely delicious Strawberry Lemonade! It was so good I had two!

Overall, great ambiance, good food, okay service...

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I decided to eat here after getting couple massages. I had the lamb chops and he had a filet mignon. The filet was cooked to his expectations (medium rare) and was not the slightest bit overdone. However, the star of our table were the lamb chops. The pomegranate sauce was absolutely amazing! The chops were so tender. Definitely going back the next time we're in the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Although the prices are steep, we enjoyed the tasty pizzas & varied selections. This is a nice, comfortable place for a family.

1  Thank Norma J
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is in the heart of Old Town Woodstock new restaurant and the food is excellent. sit down have a glass of Vino and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Where to start- I have eaten at Fire Stone many times, but after this experience, it will be my last. I met my sister in law for a nice lunch on a beautiful Friday afternoon. This was her first time eating in Downtown Woodstock, having just moved to the area. I was excited to share this little gem with her. We ordered a salad with grilled chicken and a pizza to split. When our salads arrived, there was a large hair on my chicken. I asked for the hostess to return my salad, for a new one. She was very sweet and apologetic. When the salad was redelivered, the man that brought it dropped it on the table and walked off. Over an hour after we arrived, our pizza finally arrived. Again it was brought by the same man that delivered my salad. I made a joke that after waiting an hour for the pizza, we were now full from our salads. He looked at me with his hands on his hips and said with much attitude "Well, what do you want me to do about it". I replied, "Not a thing". I immediately asked the hostess to come over to find out who this guy was. She told me he was the Executive Chef. I was shocked, for three reasons. First he was so incredibly rude. Second, he was disheveled. His chef's coat was covered in food, I truly thought he was a bus boy, food runner, dishwasher, etc. Third, as I watched him throughout my meal, he spent most of his time with his feet kicked up in a chair watching sports on the bar televisions. I never once saw him in the kitchen cooking or overseeing the kitchen staff. Maybe if he had, there would not have been hair in my food, or our pizza would not have taken over an hour to prepare. I then asked the hostess for the owners information. A few minutes later the chef returned to our table, laid HIS card on our table and said, "I am the executive chef", very proudly as if to intimidate me. I looked at him and said " Well, you ARE NOT THE OWNER". He clearly was not pleased with my response, and finally walked away from our table. We had our pizza boxed and we left. I immediately called the owner, he was incredibly apologetic. He offered to pay for our meal, which I did not accept.

When this restaurant opened the food was great, the service was great, the restaurant was packed. Over time I have seen the crowds dwindle. The day we were there, it was a Friday, at noon. It was an absolutely beautiful day. There were 5 tables of customers, inside and out. 5, from noon to 1:00.

I have never been treated like this at a restaurant. I was shocked and embarrassed for my sister in law to see such behavior. I can totally get passed a hair in my food, accidents happen. I can totally get passed food taking too long to get out of the kitchen, it happens. However, I can not/will not ever be talked to the way he talked to me, intimidation of a customer is unacceptable, period.

2  Thank Heather S