“Unbelievable!!!”

Add it.
Stay Lodge Of Woodstock
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed June 17, 2011

This was the third time I stayed at this hotel and the third time was not a charm... I checked in on thursday june 2nd. I stayed in the same room that I did in april of this year. It is a smoking room, and the same hole-ly comforter and blanket were on the bed that were when i stayed in april. 2hrs after my check in I realized that the comforter had blood smeared across it, I called down and told the manager, she told me I had to bring comforter to her. Friday morn june 3rd; cut on tv and can't get channel 3 for cable, long story short it's been preprogrammed, clerk knows not how to program, maint tech, i'm told, is off till sunday, I had to move a tv from another room, on sunday june 5, after waiting two days for the maint tech who never came, I don't think he was told, Tuesday june 7th, desk clerk, same one that i've had to deal with for everything else, outside of the comforter, calls up to my room and tells me she forgot to copy my ID, and could I bring it down, I did. Wednesday, june 8, 8am, I strip my room for housekeeping, I WAS SHOCKED!!! under one pillow case the pillow is bloody, so bloody that first glance you know the housekeeper just didn't care. I immediately call down and tell the mgr, ms. J, she tells me she'll send another one up...and that's it. Same day at 315pm, the desk clerk, same one, slides a note under door apologizing for lack of hot water becuase gas company has shut gas off. I go down to the office and ask for mgr. clerk looks at me and says i think , no, I'm not sure, I believe shes out. YES!! After that I asked her how much am I supposed to have to take, at which time she told me she was on facebook with her daughter and I could come back to talk to mgr? Thurday june9th, I go to renew and change rooms, and talk to mgr. but she caught me and told me I complained to much and had to go somewhere else, this was 35 minutes before check out. longerstory short, they wouldn't allow me to renew, and at 12noon, i had to leave all my personal belongings because my transportation hadn't come yet and the police were standing at my door, I left and came back 1 and a half hours later to retrive my things, my clothes were in trash and my laptop was gone!!! I lost all I had and very very sensitive and valuable information and materials. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and also a police report of theft, and lost my clients information and that account and since, over the last week, have lost every client except two of my 25. I have NEVER!!! iN MY 42 YRS of life experienced anything like this. And just in april, I wrote a rave reveiw about this place. My life is actually changed forever...and all because i wanted to watch television, and didn't want to lay in blood, and wanted to take a hot shower. PS. theres a huge sign on desk that says no pets allowed, yet the mgr. walks her dog right out front everyday?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
14  Thank Ahmon
There are newer reviews for Stay Lodge Of Woodstock

Reviewed February 2, 2011

my husband and i have been here for about 3 months, we chose this place for a long-term stay for the discount they offer after 30 and 60 days. the first room they put us in was small, a single, but nice. my husband and i grew restless though, so we moved into a suite, on the third floor, just down the breeze way. the stovetop was already faulty, one eye not working properly and the other not working at all. maintenance quickly arrived and fixed the problem, all was well. the hot water problems crept up the following day. management came up to "fix the problem" twice, to no avail, followed by maintenance during the next three weeks, with absolutely no results. we viewed another, smaller room, also on the third floor, and not only did the water heat up instantly, it stayed on for a long while. after the phone in the room w occupied started operating ff and on, the pipes under the sink literally falling apart was the last straw for me, so we changed rooms. again. as soon as we moved in, like, the very hour we moved in, the hot water went on the fritz. we havent had it since, but management put a letter in our mail cubby letting us know how very sorry they are. no compensation, no discount, and no hot water. ok. last night (the 3rd night in this room), i ended up with nasty soggy fries, because halfway through the making of dinner, my stovetop cut out. still waiting on the pipes to get fixed so the hot water will once again make its way to my room. stove hasent been repaired.

other than that, the rooms are clean, the location is quiet, the staff is...professional, if nothing else, kind of, the internet is 80% reliable, and all in all, the water better get hot or ill be writing reviews about someplace else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 22thalia22
belkins, General Manager at Stay Lodge Of Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

We are sorry for the unfortunate situation when our water heater broke down. We schedule maintenance on our mechanical systems regularly, but mechanical problems may still occur.
All long term guest prior to checking-in, inspect the room and note if it is acceptable.
I assure you we take all comments seriously and share with the staff.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

Hard to complain when your room is comped due to the manager wanting your business but you would think you would get a comped room that was halfways decent. We were placed on the 3rd floor, backside of the building. Really did not feel like a safe environment as room next door, someone appeared to be living in with people visiting throughout the night. Curtains were disheveled and not connected completely to the hanging hardware. Sunflower seed shells on the bathroom floor. Sitting on the bed, the frame was not properly assembled so the box springs slipped and dropped a couple of inches. Lastly, there was something smeared on the a/c unit which was placed directly between the beds that seriously resembled a dried on booger.
It appears that the hotel is upgrading rooms, wish they would start with the one they gave us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
8  Thank Ozarksbbq
belkins, Internet Revenue Manager at Stay Lodge Of Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

The management staff wishes you would have brought your
concerns to our attention during your stay.

We take guest comments seriously and will address these
issues with housekeeping.

Guest comments help us to continually improve our level of
service.

The room was complimentary as requested by the local chamber
of commerce for your group

We hope that you will stay at our hotel again

Reviewed March 9, 2010

My family stayed at this hotel while traveling to see relatives,at first I was leary b/c of what I have heard regarding extended stays but they were the complete opposite. The front desk staff was very helpful and polite, the room was clean and housekeeping was provided. We had a minor problem with the shower and maintenance was there within minutes to apologize and fix the problem.The price was beyond reasonable, I felt very safe, the area was quiet and my kids absolutely loved the fact they are next door to a bowling alley. I will DEFINITELY visit them again!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank trvlguru42
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I stayed at this place for several months due to the low price. But, even though I was in a "no-smoking" room, my clothes would smell of cigarette smoke after just hangiing in the room on hangers for a few days!

The main manager of the place was a typical corporate shill, who was uncaring to her guests. The other staff were generally pretty nice, but the main manager was the pits.

Be sure to check out your SPECIFIC room before committing to a stay there. SMELL the room!

Also, the internet is terrible there - it drops out completely every few days, and in some cases it was DAYS before it was fixed. Wireless signal strength varies widely from room to room, so better check that out, too. If you are on business, and need the internet, DO NOT STAY HERE! It is just too risky - you might have internet, or you might not.

Also, several times during my stay, the water was shut off for a half a day while a water heater was being repaired. No offer of compensation is ever offered when there is no water or internet of course.

The concrete floors outside the rooms are continually dirty, thanks to the Hispanics continually spitting on the floor. The laundry room is OK, but with the usual one or two washers that give you less wash time than the others, etc.

All in all, if you need a place that is very cheap, this is OK for a weekly rate, but don't expect the Ritz. I would give this place three stars instead of two if they would fire the main manager (yeah, the one who drives the BMW, and always has an attitude).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank lzo71
Reviewed May 3, 2009

The room was unfit to rent because:
- several outlets don't work, including the only one within reach of the televison.
- the refrigerator had been left closed and turned off resulting in severe mold and mildew.
- the bedspread was filthy with several cigarette burn marks.
- the floor had not been cleaned.
- the air conditioner vents were broken resulting in the air flow being blocked.

I have stayed at this motel many times. Any problems I had in the past were quickly and courteously corrected.

I paid in advance for three nights. When I asked for a refund of the unused night, the clerk refused stating that it was corporate policy to make no refunds.

This stay was a real disappointment. I am so displeased that I will never stay here, or at ANY Surburban Extended Stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank ll0ll
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Very Very Nasty Hotel. Supposed to have a non smoking room - not the case. Don't believe any housekeeping had been performed on my room. Beds were dirty, had to replace the sheets, 1 set was better - the other set had stains all over them. Bathroom was disgusting, mildew all over the shower curtain and walls. The price may be good, but please pay a little more for somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank Tigerdmd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn Atlanta Woodstock
Red Roof Inn Atlanta Kennesaw
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center

Been to Stay Lodge Of Woodstock? Share your experiences!