“Awesome Wings!!”

Bub-Ba-Q - Woodstock
Ranked #22 of 210 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Try the sweet and sour wings...smoked then fried, Amazing! The service was great, ask for Mike or Allison.

There are newer reviews for Bub-Ba-Q - Woodstock

Reviewed July 10, 2012

One of my two favorite BBQ places in Woodstock. Try the burnt ends, they're outstanding.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Bubba Q is the best restaurant for miles. Sauces are outstanding. Pork is outstanding. I always get bummed when I can't get okra and collards at a pseudo-southern restaurant (like most bbq joints). Normal sides for non-southerners are outstanding. Food for the kids is outstanding. This place is the best kept secret in metro Atlanta. My wife and I are bbq junkies. I've had a lot of people wax nostalgic about their favorite bbq joint and am often disappointed (most recently at a famous one in Newnan) Anybody that really knows quality barbecue will love this place. You do have to observe the 5 o'clock rule on pork barbecue just like you would anywhere else. I've had the entire menu and the only things I would not order again are the burnt ends (weird sweet/bitter flavor) and the brisket (too fatty, even for brisket). The only place I would put on par with Bubba Q is Fresh Air in Jackson and there is no way I'm driving all the way down there when this is right in my backyard.
My favorite thing about Bubba Q is the location. When I tell people about this place they say, "you mean the one tucked in the back of the strip mall?" Yeah that one. It keeps the morons away. It never ceases to amaze how many times I've heard people rave on crappy barbecue just because it is in an ancient building with smoke billowing out the top with some surly old cuss behind the counter. If you are a real food junkie, you will love this place. I get an irresistable craving at least once a month. I almost forgot to mention the service. The kids in there all have great attitudes. I know it must seem as if I am going on and on, but so many small business owners are clueless. These people get it.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is an award winning BBQ place, nothing fancy just good food. Not a pork eater? Don't worry, order the chicken and don't forget the beans too!!

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Great ribs. The brisket is even better. Good value but not fancy.