“Even my wife likes it”

J. D.'s Bar-B-Que
Ranked #21 of 215 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We come up to Georgia a couple times a year and when we get BBQ we always get JD's. I think it is good but the real review is that my wife is not a fan of BBQ and she even likes it! Deserves to be at least in the top twenty if not top ten

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Don't let the looks of this building fool you. This place serves up some GREAT Bar-B-Que! Since 1999, J.D's has been a great place for hickory smoked bar-b-que. Their chopped pork is always flavorful and moist, and their sides are delicious. Their price is good for the portion size you get. The restaurant isn't very big, so show up early in the evening to get a good seat. If you're looking for a fancy place to dine, this ins't the place for you. If you're looking for some serious good food, stop on in and give them a try. You'll be glad you did!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

For good, solid BBQ, you just can't beat J. D.'s. Their pulled pork sandwiches are huge and very reasonably priced. I actually think they are probably the best BBQ in the Woodstock area.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I am an avid BBQ'er and mostly cook my own but we always get JD's Bar-B-Que for the 4th of July when we go out on our boat. This guy sure knows his BBQ and makes a great pulled pork sandwich and his BBQ beans and coleslaw are top notch as well. And as usual, the left overs taste even better.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

JD and his staff really put their hearts into their BBQ. I remember when he had a tiny storefront in an old market on BF Rd. His place on Bells Ferry is always busy when I drive past, and his new place in downtown Acworth is gorgeous. Never disappointing. Great family run restaurant.

1  Thank DANIEL A