“Housekeeping, where it all starts!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
Loganville, Georgia
“Housekeeping, where it all starts!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

To give you readers a short background, I will say this:
I am a 12 year Marine Corps Veteran who has traveled all over the world.
I am a 7 year Veteran of the Atlanta Police Dept.
I am now a Medic who travels across the country and stay in hotels non-stop.

I expect friendly, prompt, and professional service at any hotle in which I stay. The most important 3 things I need as I come into the lobby after being awake for the prior 96 hours or more are:
#1. DO NOT KNOCK ONMY DOOR AT 7AM WHEN YOU CLEARLY SEE THE DO NOT DISTURB SIGN HANGING TO THE DOOR!!!
#2 Yea Yea, I know smoking is bad, but so are bullets and the United States sent me to War anyway... That aside, if i ask for a smoking room, do not make me comeback down to the lobby for an ash tray!
#3 The room MUST be as clean as the barracks after field-day!

All expectations were met with a smile and after 6 separate stays continue to be met with the same enthusiasm! Well done to this staff and in particular, the housekeeping crew, where they prep for my stay before they even know I am on my way!

Thanks for the great stay.
GySgt. D. Branan
USMC

Room Tip: Hey smokers... Vent the room out, will ya? The window slides open for this very purpose!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
wileybarber, Vice President Sales and Marketing at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
GySgt, first let me say "Thank You for your Service". As a retired Marine myself, I appreciate the comments about our staff and our hotel. I look foward to your next visit.

Simper Fi

Wiley Barber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a long travel day and just wanted to get to our room. The manager happened to be outside when we pulled up and help us with our bags. Then when we walked in and a very sweet young lady named Amber helped us. We felt very welcomed. Our room was very clean the only thing is they had no hair dryers or coffee makers in the room. Housekeeping was very friendly. The morning we met a new staff member Jessica who was very kind. Breakfast was just ok. We will come back again.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for the great response and kind remarks about our staff. I have reviewed the comment about the hair dryers and coffee makers and would like to say we will be installing new hair dryers in all rooms by December 31, 2013. Currently we only offer the coffee makers in the Queen Suites, but we do offer 24 hour coffee service down stairs in the breakfast area.

Please be sure to visit again during your next trip.

Tuscaloosa
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked a non smoking room... Labeled as non smoking room. When we got the room , ac was wide open and exhaust fan was running in bath so we did not notice the smell (craftily covered up by the hotel) . It was late and we went to bed, turned off fan and turned ac to a normal temp. Woke up in the morning and it smelled like a bar in our room. Went to front desk to tell them and was then condescendingly accused of smoking in the room. Needless to say this angered me and I asked for her to come up to the room which after an hour or so she did. My wife went down to complain and stated that the bathroom was unusable and that she would like another room to shower in. She was told that that was impossible. We were offered air fresher to fix the problem. Really? Air freshener? How about try and make it right for your customer. Nope. Can't have that. Finally was offered a twenty dollar discount . My thoughts were it should at least be half of what the room cost, if not more since the bathroom was unbearably unusable . Funny how after they have your credit card they really could care less about the needs of their customers. This experience has left a bad taste in my mouth about Wyndam and I will never stay at any Wyndam owned property again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Robert A
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I must say this is not typical of our staff or hotel. We are a 69 room property with only 5 smoking rooms that are located on the 3rd floor of the hotel.

The Manager inspects each room daily after housekeeping has cleaned the room. Depending on the time of the year, the AC's are set to 72 during the summer and they are typically placed in the off position during the winter. The bathroom lights and fan are placed in the off position as well. All lights are placed in the off position in the room, following the procedures for conserving energy and making the hotel a green hotel.

As with many hotels during the check in process, we instruct our guest of a potential $250.00 fee should the room be smoked in. We do this so guest who smoke are discouraged from smoking in the non smoking rooms. This program works 99% of the time but we do have guest who insist on smoking in non-smoking rooms.

I can see that we did not meet any of your expectations. I sincerely appologize for the condition of your room and ask you to please call our General Manager so we may discuss this further.

Asheville, NC
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a fairly typical Microtel - minimalistic but very adequate for a short stay. Nice area of Woodstock, right off the highway. We stayed on the 3rd floor. Hotel was very clean. Only complaints would be hallways and elevator smelled of cigarette smoke but our non-smoking room did not smell at all and like most hotels these days all the doors slam shut! Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal and packaged muffins, bagels - again adequate - nothing fancy. Lots of shopping in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review about our hotel. I have addressed the concern about the 3rd floor hallway smelling like cigarette smoke. With only 5 rooms being smoking rooms at the end of the hallway on the 3rd floor, sometimes the smoke smell is a problem. I'm in discussion with our maintenance department and we are reviewing ways to ensure the doors self close but without slamming.

We look forward to your next visit.

Wiley Barber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn Atlanta Woodstock
Sleep Inn and Suites Kennesaw
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Kennesaw

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North? Share your experiences!