“Better than expected - It is like a brand new hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I decided to stay in this hotel based on excellent reviews I saw, they were just right. The hotel is excellent, much better than expected. I had to remotely work connected to the internet while my son went to East Cobb Baseball Tournament and the internet connection was very good and reliable. The room is small (but big enough for 3 people), it is almost new, very clean, flat TV, nice breakfast, all for a low rate (I got a good rate because I stayed 8 days). What else can you ask !!!!

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor rooms, they can be noisy because teens meet in the lobby
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Gail Williams, GM, is very nice and helpful and all other staff too. Room is very nice and clean. No fridg nor microwave in the standard room. However we stayed next to the breakfast room so we could use the facility. Suites has fridge and microwave. Nice workout room. Pool is medium size and clean, 4-3 ft. Close to all the shops, Office Depot, Lowes, Target, BJs, Kohls, etc. and restaurants, Captain D, Ruby Tuesday, Mexican & fast foods, etc.. There's a used book store, Book Browser, close by. About 5 mins to East Cobb Baseball, 20 mins. to other high school baseball fields.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank vhtk
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The Microtel is conveniently located one block off hwy.92 in Woodstock. The setting is quiet and peaceful. It is managed by Gail Williams, the "Lysol Queen" of the motel business. This is the cleanest motel ever. We stayed here almost a month between moves.Gail is gracious and the staff is very polite and accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ChocolateLover003
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I came to the hotel seeking peace & quiet, a temporary refuge from the hous of my in-laws. The hotel is beautifully furnished, friendly, and well kept. Unfortunately, there were a number of youth sport teams in town for some sort of playoffs, and the whole hotel was full of noise, particularly slamming of doors and lots of constant traffic in the hallways. BOTH the adults present and the teens were acting in complete disregard for the peace and quiet of any non-playoff guests. I spent a sleepless night there, and then found another hotel the next morning. Here's the good part: when I called back to speak with the manager about my disappointing experience, i felt that she truly understood, and was sincerely sorry about what I had gone through. Since i had not experienced what i paid for, she refunded me for my entire night with no questions asked. What GREAT customer service in this day and age!! Again, this is a clean and nicely furnished hotel, i just checked in at an unfortunate time. But they did not make me pay for my misfortune, and that says a lot in my book.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank odon153
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed here for 3 days and truly cannot say enough positive things. The room has all the ammenities you want...large well designed and up-to-date. The staff...from the front desk to the maids are very friendly and go out of their way to assist you.
After 30 years of business travel.......can say that this hotel is the absolute best for the value and money!

Brian M.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MrBrian48
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stay at numerous hotels ranging from budget to exquisite but have never stayed at a Microtel. I decided to reserve a room at this hotel based on it's proximity to where my travels were taking me this particular night. Check in went smoothly and the gentleman behind the counter was courteous and proffessional. My room was cozy but very nicely appointed. I sat down with my laptop and was impressed to find I had a choice of connecting wirelessly or by ethernet cable. I chose to connect by ethernet (usually faster) but was discouraged to find it was not working. I then attempted to connect wirelessly and again was not able to hold the weak signal long enough to stay connected. I called down to the desk and explained my situation. I was told to bring my things back down and he would attempt to relocate me to another room. I did and was quite shocked when he took me to a suite (upgrade) and stood by while I connected my laptop so as to make sure everything was ok. It was. I felt he went above and beyond what was required by not only upgrading my room, but by waiting to make sure all was ok. Also, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on in a long time. The continental breakfast choices were adequate. My only complaint was the shampoo dispenser in the shower area (yes there was an actual dispenser attached to the wall) was empty. Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel, the staff, the accommodations and the service I received. If I'm ever back that way again, I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CopperIam
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This motel was extremely clean and the staff was very, very friendly. Got it for a very low rate on hotels.com and for the money it was SUPER!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 5 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn Atlanta Woodstock
Sleep Inn and Suites Kennesaw
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Kennesaw

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North? Share your experiences!