“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Towne Lake-Arnold Mill Rds
Description: The feeling at Vingenzo"s is both casual and elegant. Classic Neopolitan cuisine, hand-crafted cheeses, pastas, pizza, wines and more! Dine with friends in our dining room or shop in our fresh-made market for foods to finish at home. Join us today!
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Had lunch here with a friend. I had the al forno. The sausage was good but there was so little of it I would have liked a bit more. The sauce was tasteless. Definitely needs more seasoning and some garlic. My friend had the little neck clams and pasta.She said the sauce was good but there was so little of it. The bread was plzza dough with some taseless oil.Overpriced for what you get. Won't get our return visit.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Make sure you have a reservation before you go- we had to sit at the bar. There was one person at the bar- making the drinks for the whole restaurant and acting as a server for those sitting at the bar - she was quite overwhelmed (it seemed). The caprese salad was good - but the mozzarella needed salt. I asked for salt- they gave me a grinder and two minutes later asked if I was done. Apparently there is one salt shaker in the whole restaurant- so we needed to share. The pizza magherita was ok - it needed salt - had to ask for that one salt shaker again. The tomato sauce needed more seasoning- tasted like they dumped the tomatoes out of the can and on to the dough. The dough was nice and thin- but texturally - not that great. We love neopolitan pizza- but we will pass on Vingenzo's the next time we are in the area.

1  Thank MathGirl1980
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Re tried this place again one year later in hope of an improvement. Still terrible. The owner was not present this visit, not that it would have mattered based on last visit. They still try to replicate true Tuscan Italian Pasta, Pizza and salads but the results continue to be very disappointing. I would suggest to them to review their techniques on the pasta making procedures (drying time) and the amount of water and salt used. The dough is far to sticky (gluteness tasting). Suggest bread service ( real bread instead of puffed up flat bread) and nice dipping oil with maybe some infused garlic. Some fire roasted chicken would be a nice addition as an entree and some added protein. Arugula salad was nice and peppery and very authentic. Pizza in Italy is not very good if you are looking for generous, cheese, sauce and ingredients......no different here, I do not care for this style of Pizza. Pasta sauce would best be likened to a box of crushed tomatoes, onions and a dash of salt and thrown in the blender for a whir, heated and dumped on the pasta for $14.00. Needless to say we were not impressed and it was not close to how delicate the sauces were Italy. I would highly recommend they ad a white pasta sauce and shave either truffles or good Parm Regiano over as an additional entree choice. The owner needs to stick to teaching as he is not a restaurantier.

3  Thank Cookejg
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Vingenzo's is not an ordinary. casual dining Italian American restaurant, It's. More. High quality
Food. Fresh mozzerella, great pizza, pasta and gelato. They always have creative specials. Make a reservation or the wait will be long but you can eat at the bar with the friendly bar staff. Nice wine selection too.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I really enjoyed Vingenzo's! The waiter not only told us his name but who else would be taking care of us. The cheese bar was great - could have had thus for dinner! I had the fruit de mere with suggested pasta and it was so delicious! My family tried many items and everyone enjoyed their meal. Of course Italian pizza with ver thin crust is their specialty - the sausage with fennel was excellent. I wish they had more variety in desserts but the coffees were a great feature.

Been to Vingenzo's? Share your experiences!