Tripadvisor
Winder
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2019

The staff was extremely rude to my family and I. We spent 3 nights at the hotel and got charged for 4 nights. When we called, the person on the phone replied by refusing to refund the 4th night even though on our receipt, it clearly states that we stayed for 3 nights. She then proceeded to tell us we could talk to the manager, but also said she didn’t know when he would come to the hotel. Her tone was extremely disrespectful and continued to say that she did not want to talk to us. Save your money and do not stay here. The staff are not friendly and you will be cheated out of your money.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2018

They misrepresented the room when I reserved it. Night clerk told us they don't tell the truth and we should go somewhere else. I should have followed that advise. Trains passing woke us, bed linens looked, well, not good. Room dated and marginally fair. Assistant manager insisted our room was a suite because it had a sofa and a king bed. Charged too much for the "Deluxe Suite" he called it. Not an honest business or people, except possibly the night clerk.

Room tip: Take the night clerk's advise and stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank LottaTravel189
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

Went down for breakfast a few minutes before 9am ( they serve bfast from 6-9am) This woman literally cut off the waffle maker at 9:01 as i was making my waffle! Closed down the juice machine then proceeded to tell me (after i said we were staying another night only bc my 7 yr old son liked it here) " Well, the rate is higher on weekends so youll be paying alot more and you didnt pay your pet deposit fee ( i have a 3 pound teacup chihuahua who is as old as Methuselah) so im going to have to charge you for that so youre looking at ovee $160 to stay here another night." Wth? Is this "How to lose a job in 10 seconds?" Worst customer service ive ever experienced! Then she raised her voice to my son! She said loudly, " WHO IS RUNNING IN THE HALLWAY!?" He said, " Im sorry, it was me running down the stairs but i didn't think i was being loud. " She YELLED " Well you WERE... SO STOP!" She didn't know i was around the corner and it took e everything i had not to come over that desk and choke her out. Ashish Patel....Get yourself some decent help. Btw, she put YOUR NAME as the one who checked us in...

Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank maywilliams49
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Very good clean hotel very helpful the front desk Carmen was a plus for the company very helpful and went out her way to help me and my family . And the rooms were very clean we had a few room and very happy with the stay

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We made reservations in June 2018 to stay here in October 2018 for a family member’s wedding. I was traveling with my 82 year old mother in law. We arrived at 10pm on Thursday to check in. Our rate was raised approximately $150.00 from our reservation amount. We were told daily rates change. Gave us a room with 2 double beds like we reserved on the second floor. I asked where the elevator was and I was told there wasn’t one. I said that wasn’t going to work with my mother in law and the lady was pretty rude telling me there was nothing she could do because they were booked solid. Family members were here to meet us and helped us get everything upstairs. They left around midnight and we got ready for bed. Around 1am I felt something crawling on me and turned my light on my cell phone on to see what it was and found bugs in my bed. Jumped out of bed and turned lights on in the room and pulled blankets down off my bed to find small black bugs and larger reddish orange colored bugs. We started moving all our things out of the room and called down to the front desk to tell them we had bugs and her response was you do not. I started screaming at her that we had bugs in the bed and needed a different room and were told they didn’t have one. After going down and fighting for our rights to a different room she put us in a room with a king sized bed. Later that morning after getting some sleep I went to the desk to see what they were doing for us and was told we put you in a different room isn’t that enough? They didn’t care about the bugs, they didn’t care about us moving in the early morning hours and they didn’t care that they put us in a room to share a bed. I asked about our rate changing for this and was told no, it would be the same rate. Asked to speak to a manager and was told there wasn’t one on site. Started getting upset and was told she would contact the manager. A little while later, she told us they would take $20.00 off our Thursday night stay. By Saturday afternoon I was broke out up my arms, neck, shoulders and part of my back with bed bug bites.

Room tip: Don’t stay here at all
Date of stay: October 2018