“Great Place”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
OfcCarrol...
“Great Place”
Reviewed November 12, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Would highly recommend this place. It’s away from town. No one around you. If you want to escape and get away need to visit this little shed. Was clean and a nice place to stay. Hot tub was amazing on cold nights! Thank you

Reviewed February 20, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

rickcf
plymoutn, in
“Nice and Cozy”
Reviewed April 26, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

A very cozy place with everything needed to have a great time. Owners/managers are very nice and great to communicate with. Shed is on a semi steep hill but easily drivable - we have seen worse. Shed is in the country on the west side of Lookout mountain and is 15 minute drive to walmart and civilization and 10 minute drive from Interstate 59 to get into Chattanooga. Everything very close.

May 10, 2016
Thank you for your kind review ! You pretty much hit the nail on the head of every aspect of the shed. Glad you enjoyed your stay !
PS Remember the steps to the loft are steeper than normal stairs, use both handrails !
Ludwig K
“Great little place”
Reviewed October 24, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The "Shed" is small and very quaint. We enjoyed the hot tub and watching the hang gliders from the deck. The stairs are a little steep so people with walking/standing problems will have problems. TV isn't much but we didn't go there to watch TV so not much lost. We will try to go back again next year.

Oct 25, 2015
Glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for the spot on review explaining exactly what THE SHED is !
bwolrab
Wagener, South Carolina
“NO MOTORCYCLES”
Reviewed September 8, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

yes. It is gravel but is well packed and only about a 10% grade I drive my Katana up it a lot

the above answer was given about riding my Harley to cabin.
wish I took pics but I didin't. There was no way to get a Harley to this cabin. Grade is much more than 10%. It is rutted with foot deep and wide ruts everywhere and all across. We did not stay! Would have been extremely hazardous in so many ways to go up and down this on my Harley. I am sure at some point I would have dropped bike on it. Was not worth the risk of tearing up my bike or personal injury. I am only on of two people I have ever heard of who has rode a Harley Electriglide north of the Arctic Circle on the Haul Rd,so I am no slouch rider!WAS Totally ticked off and totally ruined weekend. Hang gliders were cool to see.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Service
Liked least: Could not get to it on my HARLEY
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Sep 11, 2015
Every Motorcyclist has their own degree of tolerance when it come to riding on gravel.

Yes it is gravel but it is well packed and only about a 10% grade. I drive my Katana up it a lot. Is the answer that we gave.

My wife also drives her Ninja up and down it, I have also risen my Vulcan up and down it and we have also ridden my brothers Harleys' up and down it.

With that being said, it is tolerable, but it really is not a very motorcycle friendly driveway for less experienced riders.
beachteac...
“My husband and I LOVED it!!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We are soooo glad we booked this little cabin! This place is a shed that has been transformed into a cozy cottage type setting!

Everything was very clean, plenty of towels, and even little items such as laundry detergent. There is a Great hot tub, a grill, and darts, a mountain view...need I say more?! Perfect for a couples getaway! I'm not sure if 4 people would sleep comfortably, though.

Be prepared for a ROCKY and STEEP drive!! It is decked off, which is nice, but it was quite a challenge to get my "soccer mom" SUV up the hill! Getting a taxi or uber is a bit of a pretty penny as well. It costs about $40 to get to Downtown Chattanooga once you get someone out there.

I definitely recommend The Shed to anyone coming to Lookout Mountain!

Jul 26, 2015
Thank you for the lovely review! We too love the shed and are glad you enjoyed it. The driveway is gravel and recent rains (past 10 days) have left is rather rutted on one side, but the good news is we have folks who will fix that as soon as they are available (they are busy!). Thank you for choosing Lookout Mountain Vacation Rentals and staying at the SHED.
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Traveling group: Other
Jul 22, 2015
Thank you so much for your review. The lock is a bit weird, I have had a locksmith out and that is the best they can do with it. It is a sliding glass door so there is a piece of wood provided to place in the track to secure the door so everyone will feel more secure. Thanks for staying with us !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing