“I thought I'd scream like a little girl...”

Historic Banning Mills Zip Line Canopy Tours
Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I thought I'd scream like a little girl...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Zip lining was a great experience! It wasn't nearly as terrifying as I expected it to be! Part of what made this activity fun for me was doing it in a group of folks from my class.

I wish it hadn't ended so soon!

Dahlonega, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Perfect personal confidence and team building experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I organized a trip to Historic Banning Mills Zip Line tour to challenge my fear of heights and get a group of 10 teenagers to learn there are alternative ways to "get high" on life. The staff was very helpful. By the end of the day the kids were actually working together and having a blast, and I conquered my fear of heights and flew from the "eagles nest". I want to be a Falcon next (watch the YouTube video). Thanks to the whole staff. We will be back.

Visited March 2013
bestzipline, Manager at Historic Banning Mills Zip Line Canopy Tours, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks Brian,
Being an Eagle is an amazing adventure in and of itself. Being a Falcon is incredible. We hope to have you guys back soon! Thank you for choosing Screaming Eagle Zipline Canopy tours
Macon, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good tour.....sarchastic guides.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

On a whim I decided to stop by Banning Mills on the way home from Atlanta. We were immediately asked in the parking by a young staff member why we were there. We said we were there to zipline to which he responded, "Did you bring your token?" I looked at him with a puzzled look and he replied, "you need your token to ride." As we continued to walk to the office to check in he and his friend began laughing.

After paying over $150 to zipline the last thing I really wanted was a member of the staff making me feel uncomfortable. When I entered I was met with more sarcasm, "Hey....whats our fatality rate today? About 30%."

It may be funny to them but to someone new to ziplining it came off as very belittling. It took about an hour for me to relax and enjoy the experience.

Once the tour began the guides were very helpful and courtious.

I am rating the total experience at a level three but had I not been met by rude employees in the parking lot I would have rated it a five.

Hopefully you will be met by more professional staff members.

Visited September 2013
We thank you for your input and do apologize if anything said by our guides were taken in the wrong way. We did ask about this incident and the guides both told us that the comments were meant to be ice breakers and humorous, not meant to be taken as sarcastic. Many of our guests are afraid when they come out to try this adventure. Our lines our challenging and can be intimidating but that is what makes them special. We have learned that humor helps relieve some fear. However, a guide should wait until they have the guests out on the course and let the guests get to know them first before attempting to make jokes. We appreciate the input and will instruct guides to be more discerning about incoming guests since those guest have not had experience with the guides. We are glad that the Birge's recognized the professional way our guides operated out on the course after they got out on the trek. We take all reviews seriously and will use this one to better our many future adventure opportunities.
McCalla, Alabama, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“LEVEL 5!! ALL DAY RUSH IS WORTH THE MONEY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We did the Level 5 ALL DAY RUSH and its where you get 8hrs of none top fun on any Zip Lines and Bridges you want!!! We even did the bungee jump at 100ft as many times as we wanted! In the Level 5, You get a lunch about 11ish and it was AWSOME! They have a personal chef who cooks your meals for you and it was def. a five star meal!!!! Banning MILLS was amazing! The people there are amazing and the woods and scenery was amazing! they even do horse back through the woods, creeks, and mountains!!! Def. coming back for that!!! The Level 5, you get to do all the best Zip lines they have including the newest one "the Falcon". PLEASE make sure your in SHAPE!!! There is a lot of Stair climbing in this. The Falcon and another tower are 100ft and 150ft HIGH and its all STAIRS. So be in SHAPE please! Also a lot of the towers are up in Trees so u do climbs stairs in a lot of the Zip lines!!! Out of all the Zip lining I've done, this is the best!!!!

Jessica
Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at Banning Mills! We appreciate your comments and for letting other viewers know about the unique tours afforded at our facility. So glad you guys had a great time and hope you will come back in the future. We are looking at new things to add to the adventure treks at Banning Mills
Stay tuned!
Donna
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great for the entire family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

From tweens to able-bodied seniors, this is a fun 1-2 day adventure. The zipline equipment is well-maintained, and the courses are laid out for beginners, more adventuresome, and high adventure. Setting is beautiful. Accommodations are rustic and perfectly comfortable, but not luxurious. It's a one-hour drive west of the Atlanta Airport, and could easily be done by locals in 1 day. You can do Levels 1 and 2 before lunch -- and the pack a GREAT picnic, reasonably priced. Hard to find something that everybody likes, but THIS IS IT!

Visited August 2013