“Unethical business practices” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Waynesboro
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Unethical business practices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stay away from this hotel. They have unethical business practices. I tried to cancel a reservation, but the hotel blocked my efforts three times, long enough to put me into the 30 day no cancellation period.

I tried to cancel my reservation 32 days out from the reservation. They have a 30 day cancellation policy. I got a woman on the phone that after we worked through the language challenges, I speak English. She kept saying call the number, but she could not tell me the number or the process. She told me to call back when the manager was in (DELAY #1) I called back. I got the same or another woman. We tried to work through language issues. Call the number, what number? She couldn't tell me. I was told to call the hotel back 6 days later (DELAY #2). When asked if anyone else could help me, the desk clerk would be in at noon, but they could not help me. I put my request in writing via email. I got a response 5 days later to call an 800 number. I tried the 800 number, but surprisingly it was the wrong number (DELAY #3). I emailed it was the wrong number. While the manager was playing a cat & mouse games with me, he called the correct number before I could to tell the booking company not to take my cancellation. I finally got an email with the correct number. I tried to do the right thing, but I got screwed.

I do want to give Booking.com a huge thank you for being professional and trying to be an advocate for me. Booking.com, you do not want to be associated with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kwm0304
, Owner at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I'm so sorry that this was your experience with us. It sounds like there were quite a few miscommunications that could easily be confusing. I apologize that the whole process wasn't as smooth and intuitive as it should've been. However, we've made quite a few positive changes in the way we run our business since this incident, so I hope you'll consider giving us another chance.

Best,

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Waynesboro, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Their are lady bugs in the room, when you put do not disturb sign up they still bother you and call you on your room phone,they come in an unplug all your stuff,the have the lowest internet available,people that dont even stay at the hotel come and knock on your door and ask if they can use your phone,prices change for each customer and isn't just one price,you have to wait for service at the front desk because nobody is ever in the office

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank buisness m
, Owner at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, 6 days ago
It's been a few years, but I'm so sorry that this was your experience. We want to ensure that our guests have a fantastic time with us, so we want to be sure the room is impeccably clean. It's possible that our staff kept coming to your room to see what they could do about the lady bugs. That being said, we've completely renovated our rooms and only continued to improve over the past two years. I hope you'll consider giving us another try.

Best,
Naresh P., General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed @ this former Days Inn & the location was convenient to shopping & some well known restaurants. Also, the price was very reasonable for an over night stay. However, the staff could use some customer service training. Anytime you needed supplies, they inform to come to the front desk to get it.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank albattles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

As we drove in there was a sign that said "special this week all rooms 42.95". When I was given the room price, it was almost $10 more. I asked about that and was told the difference was "tax" and he held up a small notepad with some numbers written on it to show me (which I could barely read). After we got to the room I looked at my receipt and saw that tax was less than $5, and there was $5 for misc. which turned out to be: $1-microwave, $3-"fridge" & $1-"coffie". So the room was really 47.95+tax. It was still worth that much but it seemed kinda sneaky.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Michael95453
, Owner at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It's been quite a few years, but I'm sorry if there was any confusion there, Michael. We're always happy to explain our various fees, so I'm glad that you asked -- and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Hope to see you again soon.

Stay well,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is now called The Liberty Inn so is presumably under new management.
We found nothing to complain of at the motel. The manager quickly completed the paperwork and the room was fine.
I suggest asking for a room further back from the main road if they have one available. There is a resturaunt just across the road if your hungry.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank brycephillips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hampton Inn Waynesboro
No photo provided
Sunset Inn
#1 of 1 in Millen
3.5 of 5 stars 4 reviews

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!