“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Executive Inn

Executive Inn
Executive Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Waynesboro
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I work at Plant Vogtle and was looking for a nice place to stay. Best Western of Waynesboro, GA is the Best place in the area. The place appears very comforting, rooms looks like they were recently upgraded. The bed was very comforting, had a really great night sleep. In the morning the breakfast was awesome. I dont typically see this kind of breakfast in mid scale hotels, but this hotel understand the needs of their clients. The breakfast was loaded - eggs, sausage, biscuits, muffins, bagels.......and i can keep going. The staff was extra helpful and was very receptive to my request of late checkout. Simply, the best I can get for the lowest price.

Room Tip: Book early to get a room on ground floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Crystle H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Carrboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was here for three nights on business. The place seemed clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Some staff members did seem to have friends or relatives hanging out in the lobby to keep them company, which might turn some guests off. There was no elevator, but staff offered to help me get my luggage upstairs (I take a fair amount of work materials and personal medical equipment into my room.) But if you do call a place "Executive Inn" you are going to have to expect that some folks will have work materials and put in an elevator.

There was a microwave and fridge in the room, which is really helpful. The breakfast was hot and had some variety--also very helpful. All drains and drain stoppers worked well, so I could do hand laundry in the sink.

I had asked for no air freshener or feather pillows due to my allergies, and when I arrived in my room it did not have the smell of chemicals and fragrances and there were no feather pillows. I received a non-smoking room as promised, however, by the time I left the hotel my clothes all smelled like smoke due to smoke migrating from other rooms and into my room--this was an interior corridor with smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Unfortunately the desk was placed so that I had to squeeze between the desk chair and the bed to get to the far side of the room. This worked ok for me, but a very large person would not fit and would have to move the chair. The bathroom sink/counter area was not level, so if any water at all got on the bathroom counter it ran to the front of the sink, pooled there, and ran onto the floor. This caused water to get on my clothes as I leaned over the sink, and water to drip onto my feet. The shower curtain did not fit the shower curtain rod, so that it was difficult to move the curtain, and there was a gap between the curtain and the wall on either end of the curtain. The towel rack kept falling off of the wall too.

There was only one luggage cart. It was available for me when I was moving my things in at arrival. However, when I was getting ready to leave, I noticed that a couple had loaded it up with their luggage and was now earing a leisurely breakfast in the breakfast room. I asked the desk clerk if there were another cart I could use, but she said no. She offered to help me with my luggage, but I told her that there really needed to be two carts. The couple were loading up their car by the time I got all of my stuff downstairs, but the man was resentful of me for needing the cart and attempted to guilt trip me about this. When I discussed this with the clerk, she said he stays at this hotel a lot and has a tendency to "take advantage". I had not said much to him before, since he was obviously physically handicapped, after I heard that this was not the first time with him, I wished that I had said more, and I wish that the hotel management would deal with this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Snorkeler007
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stopped here for 1 night on my way to the Master's Golf Tournament since arriving 1 night earlier than my reservation in Augusta. The hotel is conveniently located and en route to Augusta, however, it needs some work. It is a 2 story building with 1 set of stairs to get to the 2nd floor and no elevator. It also allows smoking on one end of the hotel which does not help those nonsmokers on the other end. Impossible to not smell cigarette smoke! Not to mention that every time someone enter/exit the stair well the door would slam shut. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and although they tried to be helpful, there is not much to be done.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Loki5654
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

This place is phenomenol. The staff is very very helpful and the friendiness is not heard of!.-- choc chip and nuts was on my bed just because i told the front desk preson Moses i love cookie. That what hook me.--maybe next time i will get oatmeal rasin lol. -- outstanding staff once again! I usually have 1/2 day of rest after work but the comfort of the bed will make you sleep all day. So that makes thats in itself make the price very reasonable when the rate are already good. I have to bring my family in the summer they will love it. Thank you Best Western in Waynesboro.

Room Tip: Do not pick the 1st one you see.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stayed for a week while on busniess in Waynesboro. Overall the hotel was decent, It was a basic hotel, but did have a good size fridge w/ microwave in hte room. It was obviously an hodler hotel that had been renovated within hte last few years. The staff was firendly, the breakfast was subpar. Teh largest complaint is that the halls and rooms were all brown/ dark colors, which made it seem "dingy" eventhough it wa clean. It was a good stay for under $70 a night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank geo-guy-13
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

I was in town for work and the Jameson was full and driving back to Augusta was not an option. I had a second floor room right next to the stairs and there was a lot of late night traffic both nights. The walls were very thin and I could hear EVERYTHING that was going on in any room within about a 30 foot radius. I was also able to hear that converstations of the front desk throughout the night.

The breakfast was pitiful. There were about three things out at 7:30am. McDonald's definitely was better.

There was a pool, but it was closed as it looked like it had not been cleaned for years.

The hotel claimed there was high speed wireless and wired internet. Wired never worked for me, and the wireless was about the speed of dialup and it kept rebooting so could not stay connected on a VPN network to work for long.

The woman at the front desk who checked me in was the only one who showed any politeness, despite passing 5 or 6 others in the halls throughtout my stay. Everyone just ignored me and looked the other way when I passed.

The water pressure was non-existent as it felt like a very light mist. Air conditioning needed cleaning as there was a strong smell of grease whenever it turned on. And it took a long time for it to even vaguely cool the room.

Parking was fine, but filled up quickly. No real dining options around.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The fact that I got to leave!
  • Disliked — noise level, staff attitude, cleanliness, water pressure, lack of internet
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank taffy2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Quality Inn Waynesboro
WoodSpring Suites Augusta Fort Gordon
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#63 of 82 in Augusta

Been to Executive Inn? Share your experiences!