“By far the worst RESTURANT ever.”

The Lake Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 30 Restaurants in Waynesboro
Cuisines: American
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the worst RESTURANT ever.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went for dinner on August 10, 2013. After the server not having a clue about what they were out of and not being able to answer any questions we finally ordered. We ordered shrimp and grits, shrimp po boy and ham and cheese melt and fries. When it came out it was a bowl of not cooked grits with 6 small greasy shrimp on them, raw fries with no seasoning and drenched in grease and no ham melt. We were given a chicken melt. After sending shrimp and grits back and fries we were treated poorly. We waited an hour and 15 minutes so we didn't want to order anything else. They only had two teenagers working and were told they couldn't take it off bill because manager wasn't there. We asked to please call her. Afterwards we were told we still had to pay. My family and I are dumbfounded. Gross food and even worse service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rlk123

Waynesboro, Georgia
“New Management Doesn't Matter”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After not eating there in a long time, due to the not-so-great quality of the food and service, we saw the notice in the local paper that the place is under new management and decided to give them a try. The menu is now more extensive and prices are higher. We went for supper at around 4:30 and were the only customers. My husband ordered a steak with fried shrimp and a baked potato, which entitled him to a trip to the salad bar. I ordered the fried shrimp platter with crinkle cut fries, which did not include a salad, but the young man who waited on us (the only person there besides whoever was doing the cooking) told me to go ahead and get one anyway. I appreciated that---until I got to the salad bar. Most of the lettuce was brown, the cucumbers had the appearance of having been frozen (one taste verified that), and the croutons were stale. My husband said his steak was tender and tasted very good, and the potato was cooked perfectly. My fries were smothered in seasoned salt (they did not mention "seasoned" on the menu or I would have asked them not to do that) and, while they do give you a large portion of fried shrimp, they were extremely greasy...so much so that there was a pool of grease underneath them on the plate. Maybe they don't bother to drain them on paper towels? I ate what I could from the top of the pile before feeling queasy. The fact that we were paying over $30 for this didn't help. As this was our first visit, and knowing we will not be going there again, we didn't complain. I did mention that it would be a good idea to not salt the fries. That night my husband and I both had upset stomachs.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Tymbre
Augusta, Georgia
“One trip was enough”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Disappointed in selection and service. Hope it was just a bad day and an unusual experience but I'm not ready to try it again.
The parking lot was almost full and we expected a good meal. We looked over the menu and decided on the buffet. Nothing was tasty and the service was not good at all. Husband had been there on time before our visit and hoped things would be better on our trip. We were both disappointed. If you go, I hope your experience is more fulfilling. It will definitely be a while before I give it another try.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lana L
Millen, Georgia
“Good Home Cooked Meals”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a wonderful place to eat for home cooked meals. The hamburger steak with onions and gravy is fantastic. The salad bar is a good compliment to your dinner. It is very relaxing to sit out on the deck and just relax. The staff is friendly and will see to your every need. The menu has a variety of foods to suit just about every need.

• Visited September 2012