“A Destination Not To Be Missed!”
Review of Wisteria Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Wisteria Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I have just come back from a three day, two night stay at Wisteria Hall and I am still reeling from the beauty of the place. The town itself is impressive. Small, charming, historic and beautiful. Built in 1900, Wisteria Hall is situated in an historic neighborhood close to shopping, dining and attractions. The outside is classically impressive with huge corinthian columns and a sweeping front porch, complete with rockers and wicker furniture. Beautifully landscaped, with an authentic cabin out back! How much better can it get!?
As beautiful as the outside is, entering the home's front hall took my breath away. The front doors have thick antique leaded glass. There was a large foyer with wood columns, two large, well appointed parlors to the left and right and a huge staircase. This home could be a house museum but it is so lived in, warm and inviting. The dining room has a huge Chippendale table and chairs. The owner's collections are everywhere and so interesting. Each time my friend and I looked around we saw something not seen before. Miraculously, we noticed everything is spotless! No dust! Beautiful fabrics were on the furniture and windows, with chairs and sofas that invite you to sit down. The decorating ideas were worth the price of the stay! I came away feeling inspired! The kitchen area is blue and white and yellow. Beautiful art and sunlight streaming into the breakfast area. At the stair landing there is a huge, stunning glass window called "Birds in Flight" that is reputed to be a Tiffany window. It has purple wisteria (hence the name!) and birds. Gorgeous!!! The wall colors downstairs are rich. Some of them have been carefully stenciled by a local Savannah College of Art and Design graduate. Beautiful work!
Upstairs, our bedroom had two antique oak bedsteads, with matelasse covers, green, blue and yellow comforters, monogrammed pillows and hand embroidered pillowcases! Gorgeous! The chairs were slip covered in coordinating stripes. We had a private, well appointed, tiled bath. Very comfortable, with plush white spa towels. Plenty of nice bath products also. We were able to take a peak at the other bedrooms and they were equally stunning, one with a poster bed, all rooms painted in soothing colors with beautiful fabrics. This hotel would be a perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or special getaway. You will feel spoiled! The owner even brought tea to us at 4 since we asked.
Breakfast was out of this world and served with silver and fine china. You really will feel spoiled!! We had a wonderful fruit salad each morning served in sorbet stems. The first morning we were served a delicious quiche jambon and pistachio muffins! The next morning we had French toast with strawberries and cream cheese. Warm and delicious!
My friend and I were sorry to go. I would recommend Wisteria Hall to my friends. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 19, 2009

I traveled to Waynesboro for a conference and chose to 'treat myself' to a B&B instead of staying at a standard hotel. What a wise choice! Wisteria Hall in Waynesboro is a grand house which is also a B&B. I felt very comfortable there as a single traveler. My hosts Nancy and Ralph Lynn were awesome and have done an absolutely incredible job in restoring this incredible home! This place is a 'must see' ! The attention to detail, the cleanliness and the charm will definitely bring me back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business