“Top-notch B&B”
Review of Wisteria Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Wisteria Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Top-notch B&B”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We spent three nights at this historic home and couldn’t have been more satisfied. Every detail of our stay was impeccable. The innkeeper, Nancy Lynn, was the perfect hostess and made sure our stay was comfortable. We have stayed at other B&B’s where the “breakfast” is a basket of store-bought muffins. Nancy goes above and beyond with her breakfasts: homemade quiche, stuffed French toast, poached pears, fruit and yogurt parfaits, all with juice and coffee. Delicious! And all served at an elegant dining table with beautiful place settings. We stayed in The Liberty Room which was spacious, comfortable, and provided a private bathroom. Nancy kept the room stocked with fresh towels, a hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner and other toiletries. We definitely plan to make this an annual visit. This is a great place to stay if you are planning to be in Augusta for the Masters since it’s a short drive away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank P V K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Southern hospitality at its finest. Nancy Lynn knows how to greet guests and make you feel that her home is your home. She attends to your every need and goes above and beyond the call of duty for her guests. She is a true Southern lady: smart, pleasant, interesting and kind. She even offered to help with my luggage and offered me flexible breakfast times (I decided to eat with the other guest so we could chat.) Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and served in an elegant dining room on china, crystal and silver. You can tell that Nancy loves innkeeping and does not appear to get tired of answering questions and telling stories about her house--and there is a lot to showcase in this enormous Southern mansion. From civil war memoribilia, to portraits, to antiques, her home is graceful, elegant, beautiful and comfortable. I stayed in the Hopkins room and it was to die for. The room was enormous with high ceilings, antiques, a comfortable bed, a great view, and a large closet that had been converted into a private bathroom. Right outside of my room was a gorgeous sitting area with a guest fridge with complimentary drinks. I have no idea how she keeps the place dusted with so many antique knick-knacks of all kinds, but it is immaculate. The house is just amazing and is not to be missed. Nancy is originally from Savannah and her taste in decorating is nothing short of perfection. Even if you don't know where Waynesboro is, make sure to go there once just to see this house! Luckily for me, it was on route to a frequent destination, and I'll get to go back again hopefully very soon. Next time I am taking my sister and staying at least two nights. I highly recommend this for a girlfriend's weekend, honeymooners, history buffs...and ghost hunters. You never know when one might make an appearance. If you are not into that kind of thing they will probably leave you alone :) Your bed will be comfy enough to get a lot of sleep either way. Seriously, do not miss this beautiful piece of Southern history. No detail has been overlooked from the heavenly scented soap and thick towels to your very own in room air conditioner. Words are inadequate to describe this perfect stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ldyplantagenet
Savannah, GA
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I have just come back from a three day, two night stay at Wisteria Hall and I am still reeling from the beauty of the place. The town itself is impressive. Small, charming, historic and beautiful. Built in 1900, Wisteria Hall is situated in an historic neighborhood close to shopping, dining and attractions. The outside is classically impressive with huge corinthian columns and a sweeping front porch, complete with rockers and wicker furniture. Beautifully landscaped, with an authentic cabin out back! How much better can it get!?
As beautiful as the outside is, entering the home's front hall took my breath away. The front doors have thick antique leaded glass. There was a large foyer with wood columns, two large, well appointed parlors to the left and right and a huge staircase. This home could be a house museum but it is so lived in, warm and inviting. The dining room has a huge Chippendale table and chairs. The owner's collections are everywhere and so interesting. Each time my friend and I looked around we saw something not seen before. Miraculously, we noticed everything is spotless! No dust! Beautiful fabrics were on the furniture and windows, with chairs and sofas that invite you to sit down. The decorating ideas were worth the price of the stay! I came away feeling inspired! The kitchen area is blue and white and yellow. Beautiful art and sunlight streaming into the breakfast area. At the stair landing there is a huge, stunning glass window called "Birds in Flight" that is reputed to be a Tiffany window. It has purple wisteria (hence the name!) and birds. Gorgeous!!! The wall colors downstairs are rich. Some of them have been carefully stenciled by a local Savannah College of Art and Design graduate. Beautiful work!
Upstairs, our bedroom had two antique oak bedsteads, with matelasse covers, green, blue and yellow comforters, monogrammed pillows and hand embroidered pillowcases! Gorgeous! The chairs were slip covered in coordinating stripes. We had a private, well appointed, tiled bath. Very comfortable, with plush white spa towels. Plenty of nice bath products also. We were able to take a peak at the other bedrooms and they were equally stunning, one with a poster bed, all rooms painted in soothing colors with beautiful fabrics. This hotel would be a perfect place for a honeymoon, anniversary or special getaway. You will feel spoiled! The owner even brought tea to us at 4 since we asked.
Breakfast was out of this world and served with silver and fine china. You really will feel spoiled!! We had a wonderful fruit salad each morning served in sorbet stems. The first morning we were served a delicious quiche jambon and pistachio muffins! The next morning we had French toast with strawberries and cream cheese. Warm and delicious!
My friend and I were sorry to go. I would recommend Wisteria Hall to my friends. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
South Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I traveled to Waynesboro for a conference and chose to 'treat myself' to a B&B instead of staying at a standard hotel. What a wise choice! Wisteria Hall in Waynesboro is a grand house which is also a B&B. I felt very comfortable there as a single traveler. My hosts Nancy and Ralph Lynn were awesome and have done an absolutely incredible job in restoring this incredible home! This place is a 'must see' ! The attention to detail, the cleanliness and the charm will definitely bring me back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business