We drove to the Outlet Mall on a rainy day from one of the towns in Chianti. Most of the high-end luxury brand outlets are small with limited stocks - the only exception was Gucci and Prada/Miu Miu. Personally, I think The Mall is worth a visit and has a nice pleasant ambience.
Some personal observations:-
1. Gucci - the sales staff were professional and courteous. They allowed me ample time to browse the goods and even volunteered to show me other colours that were in their stock and not on display. My husband paid for a wallet earlier and I went back to Gucci after browsing at other stores. The cashier was very friendly and combined both our purchases to process the VAT refund.
2. Prada - sales staff overwhelmed with the busloads of Asian tourists rushing into the store, who help themselves by opening and closing the display drawers themselves. Not a pleasant shopping experience in this store. There was no queue outside Prada on the day we were there - rain!
3. Burberry - I saw the "security guard" (whose job is to open and close the door) wore a disgusted expression on his face and gesticulated towards the Asian tourists who came into the store with their wet shoes and wet coats. The tourists did leave their wet umbrellas outside the store, so I must say they have better manners than the security guard.
4. BV and other brands - limited stocks and old collection. Some stores will make you queue and only allow you to go in once a customer leave. And the line moves very very slowly.
5. Washrooms - long queue and dirty.
6. VAT - you can collect your VAT refund immediately after shopping.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.