“Great experience! I highly recommend!”

Hampton Inn Waycross
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Waycross
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family had been traveling on a college visit trip for my son, we had traveled a very long way for two days and were exhausted. The hotel was a very welcome sight. It was very clean, had comfortable beds and even brought in a roll away bed for my son. The location was very convenient and safe but the thing that stood out the most was the very accommodating and helpful friendly staff! Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here in June 2012 on the way to Atlanta. Stayed at a Hampton Inn in Jacksonville on the way back two weeks later. Used Hilton Honors points both times. The Jacksonville location cost me more than five times the number of points for a one night stay.
This location was a typical Hampton Inn. The room was roomy and clean; the staff was friendly and helpful; and the free breakfast was appreciated.
I had no problems with anything here. While the area may not be pretty, it was fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

First, the location is great. Close to restaurants and whatever you might need. Second, it's kept very clean and the breakfast is on par with most of the Hampton Inns. Unfortunately, I had to give this location an average only rating because of the lack of quiet. I could easily hear the people in the next room, the refrigerator consistently made noise, but worst of all were the noisy toilets. I was awakened several times throughout the night to the surprisingly loud noises made each time someone flushed a toilet. Auggh! I may stay here again, but I would request a room separate from other guests and one without a refrigerator.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife is traveling with me. We had a very enjoyable and commfortable stay and were appreciative of the later check out time afforded us, as she stayed at the room while I went to work. Thank you.! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was delicious and both chekckin and check out went smoothly.

We enjoyed the nearness of Okeefenokee Swamp area. A good place for stopping either on the way to or from Florida. We were on business, but spent some time sightseeing as well.

Room was comfortable and had all the things we needed. Internet acess is good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank N9JF
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel, one, because we've stayed there before. Two, the location is perfect for visiting family and shopping. It was very clean. The Libby, our room and most importantly the bed and bathroom. It even smelled good. We got back in about 12:30 am and settled in for the night. Well, then it started. Toilets. Why don't they insulate better between rooms and floors? Then the trains started. There were 2 that Saturday night. And they were literally across the street. Hotel, street, tracks. Horns a blastin'!! If you're not a light sleeper like me this would make a very good stay ( and a better rating).
The breakfast was ok. Like most Hampton's I've stayed in. I do love the freshly made waffles! They offer all the usuals. Biscuits, sausage gravy, mystery eggs, muffins, toast, cereal, juices, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Waycross is the easiest city for our family stay in when we go down to train watch in Folkston. The hotel is only 7,500 HHonors points, so it is a great deal. We have stayed here 6 times and will always stay here. It is a Hampton Inn, so you know what you are getting. The staff is helpful and friendly and we have always had nice clean rooms. The pool was out once for repair and they were not able to get us use of another pool. When we told them we had called to make sure it was available before coming down and they told us "we thought it would be repaired by by the time you arrived." They were kind enough to refund our two day stay for the inconvenience! We are loyal fans of this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Check in was average (but no cookies!). Young lady at counter was social and checked us in without much fanfare as it was Thanksgiving and she no doubt would rather have been home with her family. Can't say as I'd blame her.
Coffee had been left out for quite some time and was lukewarm;
No USA Today delivered (Friday). Checkout person says they no longer take the paper version and "if you have a computer, we can give you the paper on line." I guess i should have taken my laptop, mouse and power supply and hooked it up in the breakfast area. Yeah, really. Room was clean and quiet.
I stayed here some 7-8 years ago and it was in great shape but today it looks as if they are waiting to possibly renovate. No real complaints but I will stay elsewhere next trip through Waycross.

Room Tip: Unless you're an HHonors Club cardholder and get points, try another hotel for the price.