“HOW COULD HOTWIRE COUNT THIS AS A "THREE-STAR?!"”
Review of Days Inn Waycross

Days Inn Waycross
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waycross
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Ok... This place... is not even worth a PENNY! First off, when we got there, we thought it would be a nice place, but the place was a motor lodge. The outside DID NOT look like a three-star on Hotwire. The lady at the desk was nice, but hardly gave us any info about the facilities. When we got to our room, there were June bug's all over the balcony. The room had an early 80's look to it. But however, none came. The pool looked like a joke, but we never swam. The next morning, we never got breakfast because our alarm clock was broken. Ice was a disaster, ice was on the OTHER SIDE of the building. I hope the manager gives us a refund, because this place was a joke. And on the Days Inn website, it got a "Five-Sun rating." I would give it a one. Don't even BOTHER staying here, go to the Hampton, or Holiday Inn, or just, some place else than this and let this place rot away. I'm really shocked it got a TripAdvisor award in 2011.

Room Tip: Don't even bother looking booking a Hotwire rate if it has no reviews.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mitchellthetraveler

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 4 or 5 a year! I have always had a great time there. The beds are very soft and comfortable to sleep on and they are new!!!! They have lcd tvs in the rooms and they have free wifi and mini fridges in the room. The staff is very friendly. I love the breakfast bar in the morning they serve yummy waffles! If your looking for a great place come to daysinn in waycross you wont regret it. That is my review.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good rooms. I have stayed in different rooms all the time!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for many years, on a weekly or biweekly basis. The service has been consistently above par, and the owners have always been very pleasant. The employees have always gone out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. As a customer who considers this my "home away from home," this is a hotel that can be trusted, and I personally recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This hotel has a 4 sunshine rating...we thought it would be very nice...WRONG!!!
When we arrived I went into lobby for coffee ..sugar and creamer containers were
fiflthy. We wouldnt even sit on the bedspreads. As for Breakfast what a joke!!!!

Room Tip: Don't use Day's Inns
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luvtootravel5
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I mattress buckled on me during the night so, I decided to get a closer look at the mattress. I took a picture of the mattress I slept on to share with others. But the worst part is..after staying a night there, I left with bumps all over (I am still itching). I notified the owner, Bob Patel and he vehemently told me to call the Health Dept. I am on my to the doctors to check if the bumps are connected to bed bugs. UMPH!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Darneatha
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family & I chose this motel for da weekend..it was a bad choice! The employees was wonderful but da owners was sneaky..my mom & I both got charged different prices until I caught it..the woman was very mean & rude after check in..breakfast was watered down & trial size..the owner woman didn't want the kids to eat, she scans the food..'lol Who's that stingy,especially when you've paid 4it?? I stayed up on the top floor & my mom was on the other side & boy what a difference...DOGS WAS IN ONE GUEST ROOM,SITTIN ON THE BED..NASTY!! Roaches was crawling...the coffee pot was old.. Bad choice motel....

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The room was clean and comfortable. If you want to take advantage of a complimentary breakfast DO NOT count on this one...I had heard of watered down juice from other reviews but saw it first hand here....other guests were commenting on it, even the children there having breakfast couldn't drink it. They had plain bagels, no cream cheese, a waffle maker but low on the mix on the second morning of stay....
Be wary to ask for extra towels...you will be questioned about WHY you need them...we were even questioned about needing extra toilet tissue, LOL. We had the audacity to ask for two rolls of tissue, he asked "Why you need two"......we had to say, "well we have four people in the room...." Geez....
It was ok for the price and the room was good but the pool closed early along with the above mentioned.....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family