“Ok”

Comfort Suites Waycross
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waycross
“Ok”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this past weekend for a family reunion. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Staff was mostly nice we had an issue with our room keys and was told I had it next to my cell phone that's why it stopped working? Funny my key was in my pocket the whole time. The breakfast was good and free and the hotel was very close to other things in Waycross which provided great access. Just check your sheets and comforters though! #ijs

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Qwest2313
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues and inconveniences you experienced during your recent visit. Our entire team works very hard to accommodate each and every guest and make sure their needs are met, sometimes it is a little harder than other time. I do hope your issues were communicated to our team so we could take care of the issue at hand. I will be sure to share your comments with the team so we know how to handle these types of situations in the future. I do hope you will give us another chance to showcase our hotel and the improvements we have made.

The management team at Comfort Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went to Okefenokee Swamp park and this hotel fit our budget and was nicely located. A 100% positive experience. The staff was very hospitable; Mr. Filton was very accommodating and set a good example of the cailber of staff that Comfort Suites has. the food was good and they changed the menu daily.

Room Tip: We stayed in main building, and on the 4th floor. Good internet and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul D
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy travel schedule to review your recent stay. We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We take great pride in our ultra clean hotel, and all the great items we are able to offer to all of our guests. We take pride in all employees, especially Filton, as every employee works hard to make sure you and all other guests are taken care of even if we have to go that extra mile. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and our free full hot breakfast. I will be sure to relay these comments to housekeeping and the breakfast attendents. Thank you again for the great comments and we hope to make your reoccurring visits with us even more pleasant, as we strive to grow each and every day.

Hope to see you again next time your in the Waycross area,

Management,
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Comfort Suites in Waycross since the establishment opened. Up until this weekend our service has always been good and the employees have always been helpful. Today, however, after about 2 hours from leaving the CS, my daughter realized she had left her very expensive headphones in a desk drawer in our room. I called the front desk and told the clerk what had happened. I explained that I would send a family member that lives in the area to pick them up when she found them. She politely said she would go and check to see if the headphones were in the drawer and asked for me to call back in a moment. When I called back, she said she had found some items in the refrigerator but not the headphones. We know exactly where we had left them. Obviously, the cleaning service had not cleaned the rooms yet or there would not have been items in the refrigerator. I am just at a loss that an establishment would treat their patrons this way. We stay at the CS each time we visit Waycross, but this will be the LAST time. The sad thing is, we felt we had a relationship with the hotel staff because the staff has not changed since we began staying there and then this happens! I know it is our fault that we left the item behind, but you would also think the company would hire trustworthy employees that would be honest with patrons. I am sure we are not the only ones that have left something meaningful behind. Extremely Disappointed!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank halyak
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Sir/Madam,

As much as we appreciate your business at the hotel, there is not reason as to why you should have such poor word against my staff. They are very honest as they bring items down to the lost and found on a daily basis. There is no need to have irate accusations against my housekeepers; nonetheless, we do apologize for your daughters loss of earphones.

Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our first stay here. The staff we met, front desk, housekeeping and breakfast were all great. We do have an issue with interests we had when we chose to book this hotel.

Looking at listed amenities offered, upon arrival we find many are not available. Talking with front desk staff we find the hotel, even though they advertise, does NOT offer Airport Shuttle, in room baby sitting, in room massage, connecting rooms, nightly Managers reception. These are just a few. There are other amenities listed on major hotel booking websites, including the hotels own website, that the hotel does not offer.

As we were informed, these listed amenities make it sound like a “resort” type hotel. Which clearly it was not. We almost missed the hotel. We had to drive through a pawn shop parking lot to find the hotel out in the back.

We did have one security concern. You need a hotel key card to get on the property. But when we used the pool and hot tub area. Which by the way the “heated” pool was about 60 degrees while the hot tub was about 102. We noticed the door, leading out to the back field was propped wide open. The next morning it was still open. It may look secure but even with cameras in the hotel, anyone can just walk in through the back door without anyone at the front desk asking questions. As a single female, stories about danger abound. And having a hotel, so laxed in security, gives me pause to consider booking here again.

The hotel is young but showing its age way to soon. Waycross has many hotel options to chose to stay at. Next time I’ll try a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank vegaswinnerFlorida
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Apologies. We have just changed our marketing team and strategy at the hotel. This list of amenities have yet to be update, but will do so immediately.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I chose this hotel because of the suites. We were traveling with 2 adults and 2 teens. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are still in good shape. The staff were pleasant when we had interactions. I was most impressed with the continental breakfast. Food was still being prepared near the time slated to shut down breakfast.

There is a small indoor pool, no outside pool if it matters to anyone.

Room Tip: The entrance is between a burger joint and a Days Inn and hard to find. Use the Days Inn drive, the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Batcrash
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We take great pride in our contemporary and clean hotel, and all the great items we are able to offer to all of our guests. Each and every employee work hard to make sure you and all other guests are taken care of even if we have to go that extra mile. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Comfort Suites Waycross is not only our favorite hotel in the greater Waycross area, but is one of our favorite hotels anywhere. The property is always clean, and the staff pleasant and helpful. The suites are large and well laid-out, and we have never had to hunt for a power outlet.

Our most recent monthly trip to Waycross was April 4/5, and the experience was delightful as usual. Celeste greeted us personally on our arrival and had us registered in no time (she handles checkouts just as quickly). She, the other staff, and the overall experience at the hotel guarantee that we'll continue to stay here every month.

RW

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. We are currently the newest hotel in the Waycross area. We will make sure each and every room is cleaned from head to toe, wall to wall, corner to corner. Along with the inside our maintenance staff keeps the outside looking great. Our staff prides themselves on their work quality and appearance of the hotel. For the future, we plan to keep this hotel looking just a new as the first day we opened. Along with your hotel room, I do hope that you were able to find time to enjoy our fine amenities such our full hot breakfast, newly renovated fitness center and our indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, We hope to see you in your future travels to the Waycross area.

Thanks,
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I come to stay at this hotel every week for work. Celeste and Fillon are always smiling and welcoming customers that come through the door. Celeste works the front desk in the morning and always has my receipts and other things ready for me immediately when I check out! Which is important because I am usually in a hurry. Fillon works the front desk at night and ensures that my room is ready to go every week. The hotel is very clean and up kept. The staff is very friendly and exceeds all efforts to make any necessary accommodations for their patrons. Plus I love the breakfast at this hotel. Its by far the best in town and is very well put together. The staff make great efforts to remember names of their returning customers and it feels like home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Kstarr6,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy travel schedule to review your recent stay. As we look at each review to help us grow, we value each and every comment. We take pride in all employees, especially Filton and Celeste, as they go that extra mile to make sure that each and every guest is well taken care of and they have everything they need to relax.

Hope to see you again next time your in the Waycross area,