“Hey, this hotel actually takes pets”

Comfort Suites Waycross
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waycross
“Hey, this hotel actually takes pets”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel actually takes pets and it was nice for my dog and I. The rooms are all suites, but a little too much furniture so it feels slightly cramped. Nice LCD TVs with full cable package. Front desk staff at check-in was very nice (blonde lady), at check out no one thanked me for staying though. I gave this hotel an average rating because this is what a hotel should provide. Everything was fully acceptable, but nothing was especially over the top service wise (expect at check-in).
Also, there was another issue, but it was NOT the hotel's fault. Apparently the brand (Choice Hotels) has out sourced the reservation center to somewhere in Latin America. It took several attempts to get the reservation agent to understand that I was saying "Waycross". It was late at night and I just wanted to complete the reservation, and having to wait and re-explain over and over again is frustrating. Again this was NOT the hotel's fault. This is not the first time I have had this issue when booking with Choice Hotel's 800 number. I wish we could rate the brand as well on this site and not just the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stay in Waycross once a month and have been staying at this location b/c they accept my companies direct bill program, however, after today, (May 21, 2012), I won't be staying here again. I made a reservation 4 weeks ago for two nights while working in the area. I arrived at 1:30pm and asked if there was a room ready to check in a little early. I was informed it would be 5pm before I could get into a room. (5???) The owners wife said other guests had priority. Meaning those not on direct bill. I said I would wait in the lobby thinking that they would go ahead and give me a room in the next hour, mainly to get me out of the lobby....I was asked to wait in the business computer room so housekeeping could clean the lobby, which was rude to begin with. As soon as the cleaning was complete, I moved to the lobby (more comfortable) and kept working on my computer. I noticed many guests were checked in while I waited. After 1 1/2 hours, I went up and asked if there was a room ready, this time, I was informed that it would now be 6pm before I would get a room. (Really?????? 6PM?) By then, I was very unhappy and begin to tell the owner and his wife that this was unacceptable. While I was not overly nice, the wife then begin to get exstremely rude and she let me know that she informed me earlier that others had priority over me. I again said that was not acceptable attitude for a hotel. I asked why I was not informed by phone or when I made the reservation that there would be an issue checking in so I had an option to choose to stay elsewhere. She said it was not known at that time, letting me know that it was due to the direct billing vs. paying on the spot. However, there are contracts for this direct bill and she should honor that. She yelled and told me she did not care if I ever stayed there again and that I could cancel my reservation. Which I did. I found a great Comfort Inn in the next town (BLackshear) with owners who care who stays and returns. I would have thought that a customer who returns every month might be worth keeping, I guess not in this case. DO NOT STAY HERE. Condition has gone down in the last 6 months anyway. Not worth it. Stay in Blackshear at that Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: No rooms are worth rudeness.
1 Thank PGPOLK
Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel staff is great. The rooms are clean and you cannot beat the breakfast. The climate control of the rooms is the best of any hotel I have stayed at. Again the best hotel in Waycross Ga.

Room Tip: Far enouph off the highway there are no bad room selections.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Vinny P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waycross, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the world. It was our pleasure hosting you and your guests and we are flattered with your comments. We hope that next time you are in the area, you will visit us again and we will make the experience the same, if not better. We take a great deal of pride in our services and amenities. Thank you again from our entire staff at Comfort Suites in Waycross, Georgia.
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2012

stayed at comfort suites on the 14 of may after a visit to the okefenokee swamp upon checking in the lady was very nice and greated me when comeing in the door when checked in she explained all the amenities of the hotel. very clean and bright awesome hot tub and indoor pool... the room was large and cozy only stayed for the one nite but if ever in the area again would not hesitate to stay here

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The service I experienced along with my family at Comfort Suites Waycross was amazing and really satisfying. We stayed here for two days and never felt like we are away from home.Very well maintained spacious room with neat and clean washroom and relatively good rates. The early morning breakfast was fresh and delicious. Friendly customer service from desk clerk and other staffs. Overall a very good experience, I f i have to come back to Waycross I would definitely stay in Comfort Suites.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Moultrie, GA
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here over a weekend with my family (two young children). We had a room on the ground floor which was great for us - close to the breakfast room and the pool. Our room was clean and nice. The desk clerks were very friendly. Parking lot was well lit. Would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Hotel was very clean,staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were also very spacious & very clean and the breakfast was excellent . i enjoy my stay and will definitely come back and stay . the comfort suites is an excellent choice if you're in waycross.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo