Inn Mahogany Creek
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
$63
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hidden Valley Eco Lodges(Pickering Brook)
$329
$281
  • Room Service
$104
  • Restaurant
$117
$75
  • Pool
Wattle Grove Motel(Wattle Grove)
$103
$68
ibis Budget
$118
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were looking forward to seeing what they had done in the refurb. The lighting in the dining area where we were seated meant that I had to use my iPhone light to read by! The menu looked good and we all chose different items. Entree was great. Unfortunately the mains were a let down in several ways. Two came first and we waited for the steak. When it finally came, the mash was cold - had the plate been sitting waiting for the steak to cook? The requested sauce was wrong and when it finally came with the ordered side vegetables two of us had finished our meals. Our complaint was handled OK, with comp dessert offered but frankly we were over it. Our bill when delivered was wrong which we had to point out. It was for $14!!!

Finally. Am I the only person who HATES Being called "Darl" by wait staff who don't know me? Little things that all added up to disappointment regrettably.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank york8491
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the inn. We were taken back by the generosity of the owners an all staff . They made all our wedding dreams come true. The venue set up was done beautifully and all our guests commented on how perfect the food was. We could have not faulted our day. All staff involved were very welcoming and kind to us and our guests. We loved the little touches especially the little gifts for all the kids invited . We would highly recommend The Inn for any wedding or function.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank SJTMT
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was Recently a guest at a wedding there and I was really taken by it. The food was really great - sirloin steak was had by most people there - and each steak was done to perfection at the table I was at.
Staff were fast and friendly. Toilets were clean and well stocked. A little feeding room too is provided with comfy cushions. Overall I was impressed by the place - certainly the food.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a local person who has finally made it to The Inn, having driven past many times since it was refurbished. The interior design is attractive and modern, with lots of space between tables, and a range of spaces inside the dining area, which includes an open fire.

We were greeted promptly and shown to a table. We shared three starters - the house bread (with evoo and dukkah), the duck liver pate and the hand-cut chips with aioli. As with every restaurant in the known universe, there wasn't enough bread for either of the bread dishes. But the pate and dukkah were both of a good standard, and the chips were fresh and tasty.

For the main, I had the linguini. The black and white pasta was intriguing, and there was a good mix of prawns, fish and mussels. My friends had the duck and a lamb rack special. They were both impressed.

There is a wide range of wine and other drinks. I enjoyed the Matsos alcoholic ginger beer, and the wines by the glass seemed to be a reasonable price. Service was attentive, and our waitress was able to offer advice on both the menu and wine list.

I would recommend the Mahogany Inn as a place for special occasion. Regrettably the prices are just a little too high to be a regular dining venue for locals.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first visit to this grand old pub since it was refurbished, and what an excellent job they have done. Beautiful meals, excellent wine and faultless service all helped to make this a 'great night out'. Expensive enough to save for special occasions but well worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends